Going to be in Tokyo on Saturday night...

Warren Smith

Dec 4, 2023, 1:48:35 PM12/4/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com

... if anybody wants to get together over yakiniku or something.

We can talk about translation, the patent industry, how to find clients in Japan, etc. It would be a nice excuse to meet some of my colleagues who are resident in Japan.

Someone else should suggest the venue though, as it has been a few years since I have been to Tokyo.

Warren Smith

Bill Lise

Dec 4, 2023, 9:34:43 PM12/4/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Warren,
Look forward to meeting up.
I will undertake to arrange a venue, so we will need to know numbers. Given that, people who wish to participate please speak up.
Bill Lise

TCM Lounge Sendai

Dec 5, 2023, 10:17:24 AM12/5/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Warren,

Although I can't be in Tokyo on Saturday, I had a great time at the following venue in Yoyogi where the JAT summer party was held.
The owner is an Irish guy and a nice person.

BTW, if you don't mind, I will post something like this next year if I happen to be in Tokyo or even somewhere else since I'd love to get together with translators.

Cheers!

Masatoshi Shoji

2023年12月5日(火) 3:48 Warren Smith <warren...@comcast.net>:

Terry Gallagher

Dec 5, 2023, 5:55:21 PM12/5/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Hello Warren and Bill,
I, too, am here in Tokyo, with my wife and daughter.
Please keep me apprised of how this plan is shaping up.
It would be nice to get together with people.

Thanks,
Terry Gallagher

U.S. Eastern Time (UTC -5 hours)
Phone (mobile, U.S. number): +1 (508) 685-2043

Bill Lise

Dec 5, 2023, 5:59:05 PM12/5/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Great.  And now we are three. I will shortly have some more information. It’s the bonenkai season, so speed is called for.

WARREN SMITH

Dec 5, 2023, 6:34:38 PM12/5/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com, Terry Gallagher
It would be great to see you again, Terry. It's been years!

Bill Lise

Dec 6, 2023, 12:43:31 AM12/6/23
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Terry,
Please let me know where you are staying. I am arranging a meetup venue.
Bill

Terry Gallagher

Dec 6, 2023, 12:48:20 AM12/6/23
to hon...@googlegroups.com
I am staying in Shimokitazawa.

Thanks for arranging!

Terry

Phone (mobile, U.S. number): +1 (508) 685-2043