A couple of questions about citations in a legal document

Jon Johanning

Nov 11, 2021, 8:03:01 PM11/11/21
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Dear Honyakkers,

I would like to know how best to translate these citations in a 弁論要旨 of a defense attorney:

甲 178 資料3,第3回 59 頁

What I can make out is "Exhibit A178, Document 3," but I don't get the 第3回. "Third time, p. 59"?

弁46資料6

"Defense 46 Document 6"?

TIA,

Jon Johanning
zenn...@icloud.com

Herman

Nov 11, 2021, 8:45:16 PM11/11/21
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 11/11/21 5:03 PM, Jon Johanning wrote:
> Dear Honyakkers,
>
> I would like to know how best to translate these citations in a 弁論要旨
> of a defense attorney:
>
> 甲 178 資料3,第3回 59 頁
>
> What I can make out is "Exhibit A178, Document 3," but I don't get the
> 第3回. "Third time, p. 59"?

Prosecution Exhibit KO 178, Document 3, 3rd Hearing, p. 59

(Assuming this relates to a criminal trial, 甲 and 乙 are two categories
of evidence submitted by the prosecution, and there is no concise
equivalent in English to the categories that I am aware of, so I use
"Prosecution Exhibit KO/OTSU")

> 弁46資料6
>
> "Defense 46 Document 6"?

Defense Exhibit 46, Document 6