鋳放し

Jon Johanning

Jun 15, 2022, 2:07:40 PM6/15/22
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
I'm working on a patent about spheroidal graphite cast iron in which the term 鋳放し is used. The best equivalent I can find is "free casting," but I'm not sure about it. Is it OK?

TIA
Jon Johanning
zenn...@icloud.com (this email is better than the one I signed onto the group for, jjoha...@igc.org)

Alan Siegrist

Jun 15, 2022, 2:16:06 PM6/15/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com

Jon Johanning wrote:

I'm working on a patent about spheroidal graphite cast iron in which the term 鋳放し is used. The best equivalent I can find is "free casting," but I'm not sure about it. Is it OK?

I think “as cast” is better. See the following page.

https://www.jsme.or.jp/jsme-medwiki/08:1000605

Regards,

Alan Siegrist

Monterey, CA, USA

Jon Johanning

Jun 15, 2022, 2:23:05 PM6/15/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much, Alan. I ran across that term, too.

Jon J.

John Stroman

Jun 15, 2022, 2:29:01 PM6/15/22
to hon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,
Weblio also gives "raw casting." It may or may not fit your context.
John Stroman