Suitable alternative for 馬:カラーコーン・バー等を使用して跳ね上がり防止用の"馬"等を設置し

Ravi Kumar

Feb 4, 2024, 1:01:30 PMFeb 4
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
やむを得なく充電部近接作業となる場合はカラーコーン・バー等を使用して跳ね上がり防止用の"馬"等を設置し,引き抜き箇所を防護する。

馬 does not seem right in the above sentence, Is there any suitable alternate Kanji?

Regards,
Ravi

Herman

Feb 4, 2024, 1:47:02 PMFeb 4
to hon...@googlegroups.com
On 2/3/24 04:34, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> やむを得なく充電部近接作業となる場合はカラーコーン・バー等を使用して跳ね
> 上がり防止用の"馬"等を設置し,引き抜き箇所を防護する。
>
> 馬 does not seem right in the above sentence, Is there any suitable
> alternate Kanji?

I am not completely sure what this is talking about, but 馬 in the sense
of horse (trestle) is probably right, and color cones and a bar could be
used to create some like a horse, although I am not sure if that is what
is being implied here.

Herman Kahn

Brendan Craine

Feb 12, 2024, 10:02:00 PMFeb 12
to hon...@googlegroups.com
> カラーコーン・バー等を使用して
> 跳ね上がり防止用の"馬"等を設置

This is presumably talking about this setup, used to cordon off work areas, etc.?
Agreed that the phrasing is kind of confusing, though.
image.png

Ravi Kumar

Feb 12, 2024, 10:02:07 PMFeb 12
to Honyaku E<>J translation list
Thanks Herman-san,

Yes, you are right. They are creating a barrier to protect workers who carry out maintenance and repair work near live lines.

This is the first time I have seen 馬 in this context.
Since the original document from which this sentence was extracted was blurred, I thought the Kanji may not be correct.

I also got the suggestion of a sawhorse. Trestle is a better option, and I will use it.

Regards,
Ravi