text watermark on resize behaviour

sergio...@yahoo.com

May 22, 2021, 4:23:15 AM5/22/21
to Honeycam Forum

I had a file with text watermark and I resized the file. The text watermark was the same size after image resize in version 3.36 of honeycam. It seems like previous versions of beta and 3.36 resize image but keep text same size. Is this wanted behaviour?

horse-girl-14frames-L1r2v3-36-366x251.gif

resize in v3.37 beta 8 -
horse-girl-14frames-L1r1-366x251-2.gif

Chris Choi

May 24, 2021, 4:18:25 AM5/24/21
to sergio...@yahoo.com, Honeycam Forum

Hi,

Thank you for using the latest Honeycam beta version.

>> I had a file with text watermark and I resized the file. The text watermark was the same size after image resize in version 3.36 of honeycam. It seems like previous versions of beta and 3.36 resize image but keep text same size. Is this wanted behaviour?

Yes. the result of image resize in the Save Dialog has changed.
Let me show you why.
we had an issue.gif
The issue using the version before v3.37b8

The purpose of Resize image in the Save Dialog is for reducing the image file size but as the scale changes the output is not the same which is what normally users don't expect to happen.
That's why we had to fix it.
If you want to keep your watermark size from changing, you can use resize dialog, not the resize in the Save Dialog.

Thank you and hope you have a great week ahead.

Best regards,
Chris

2021년 5월 22일 (토) 오후 5:23, 'sergio...@yahoo.com' via Honeycam Forum <hone...@googlegroups.com>님이 작성:

sergio...@yahoo.com

May 24, 2021, 4:57:44 AM5/24/21
to Honeycam Forum
Ok. Slightly different workflow now.Screenshot - 24_05_2021 , 09_47_00.jpgAnd this keeps the text logo the same size with the image changing size.

Chris Choi

May 25, 2021, 3:36:35 AM5/25/21
to sergio...@yahoo.com, Honeycam Forum
Hi,

This is what I wrote to you in the previous email.
image.png
which means you want to prevent the size of watermarks from being changed you can use resize dialog(Hotkey: R).

1. In this Resize Dialog, watermarks will look what they supposed to be. The size of watermarks should NOT be changed as the size of an image changes.

2. scale option in the Save window, the saved file has to look the same as you edited or recorded.
image.png
It would be wrong as it doesn't look the same as a user changes the resize option.

We've thought about how the Resize should work for watermarks and the final decision is v3.37. I hope you understand why we designed them that way.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Chris

2021년 5월 24일 (월) 오후 5:57, 'sergio...@yahoo.com' via Honeycam Forum <hone...@googlegroups.com>님이 작성: