(there will be more opportunities to apply, see https://europroofnet.github.io/grants
A Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) is a research visit of an individual researcher from a country participating in the Action in a different country also participating in the Action. We encourage STSMs, as they are an effective way of starting and maintaining collaborations.
Proposals are made through the e-COST system (https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm
The coordinators for STSMs are Danijela Simic (University of Belgrade, Serbia) and Ambrus Kaposi (Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary).
The procedure for proposing an STSM is described in Annex 2 of the Annotated Rules (https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/10/COST-094-21-Annotated-Rules-for-COST-Actions-Level-C-2021-11-01-1.pdf
The main points about STSMs are:
* An STSM must be between two different countries which are participating in the Action.
* The typical duration is one or two weeks. We favor short missions so that more people can get funded.
* The financial contribution for an STSM is a fixed grant based on the applicant's budget request and the evaluation of the application by the STSM assessment committee. The grant will not necessarily cover all costs of the visit. The grant only covers travel and subsistence and is transferred after the STSM has taken place.
* Recommended grants:
- up to EUR 120 for daily allowance (depending on the location)
- up to EUR 400 for travel.
- the total may not exceed EUR 4000 (this is a hard limit)
* As part of the application form submitted through e-COST, the goals of the mission have to be described including how it contributes to the objectives of the Action (see https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA20111
), which working group(s) it contributes to, and a confirmation from the host that he or she will receive the applicant.
* Proposals should be submitted by the deadlines.
* STSMs must end before the end of October.
The criteria according to which funding will be decided are in order:
* importance with regard to the research coordination objectives
* inclusiveness target countries
* team with low resources
* balance over the action life time between people, teams, countries and working groups.
Within 15 days of the end of the STSM, a short scientific report must be submitted through the e-cost system along with the Host’s approval of the report.
Danijela Simic and Ambrus Kaposi
EuroProofNet STSM Coordinators