Fwd: upcoming consent workshops

Homospun Collective Events

Dec 10, 2014, 2:40:35 PM12/10/14
to homospun...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: AVP Outreach <outr...@antiviolenceproject.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Subject: upcoming consent workshops

Please share far and wide:

Hey folks,
Just a reminder that AVP (Anti.Violence.Project) is running consent workshops throughout the year, which are open to all members of the campus community and the public, and are free of charge.

Our consent workshop is intended to provide folks with the education, skills, and opportunity to understand and practise consent in a supportive and sex positive space. Some of the topics that folks can expect to engage in will include: consent (what it is, why it’s required, how to practise it), gender-based violence, safer spaces, sex positivity, power, and privilege. Through activities, discussion, and media, the workshop offers a chance for us to talk about all the ways we can provide safe, fun, and sexy ways to build relationships with the people we care about.

The next workshops are Dec 18th 2 - 3:30 pm and Jan 17 1 - 2:30 pm. Both workshops will take place on campus. Pls register by emailing outr...@antiviolenceproject.org

If you can't make these dates and would like to check future dates, pls visit http://www.antiviolenceproject.org/event-registration/ It is our hope to run at least one workshop a month :)

--
trish pal
Outreach Coordinator

Lkwungen, Wyomilth (Esquimalt) and WSANEC Homelands

CALL / EMAIL/ DROP BY for SUPPORT
SUPPORT HOURS ARE POSTED ON WEBSITE AND DOOR

Until Dec 20, 2014:

Mon 12-2 pm (and 3-5 until Dec 1)

Tues 9:30-11:30 am

Weds 10-12 am and 3-5 pm (except Dec 10: 10-12 and 4-5)

Thurs 10-12 am