FW: Queer Yoga

Annie Banks

Jan 5, 2010, 12:40:07 PM1/5/10
to homospun general listserv

- PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY -

Hi all,

Here is the updated info for the 12-week registered session of Queer
Yoga this winter.

I am planning to close registration after the first class on January 29
so we have the same consistent group for the whole session.

See below for further details (location, what to wear etc.)

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please e-mail me at
eli...@uvic.ca.

Hope to see you all soon!

Elicia

QUEER YOGA

Led by Registered Yoga Teacher, Elicia Loiselle, and sponsored by UVic
Pride

What: A 12-week registered session, Power Vinyasa (all levels) yoga
class for queer-identified folks. A comfortable and welcoming space for
queer people of all genders and sexualities to explore the mind-body
union of yoga. Vinyasa is a style of yoga that incorporates creative,
playful posture flows, inspired by Ashtanga yoga with a breath and
movement connection. Come build strength and flexibility, de-stress,
sweat and meet other queer yoga-lovin' people from the Victoria
community (you do not have to be affiliated with UVic in any way to
participate). Don't worry if you've never done yoga before - this class
is for newbies, experienced yogis and everyone in between!

Where: The Yoga Shala, 1322 Broad St. at Johnson (Buzz #27 to be let in)

When: 12 week session, Fridays January 29 to April 16 from 6:45pm -
8:00pm

Cost: $48 dollars for the 12 weeks paid at the first class on January 29
(Talk to me about sliding scale and alternative payment schedule
options.) Please be prepared to pay cash.

What to wear: comfortable clothes that allow you to move and stretch
(nothing too baggy or too tight).

What to bring: a yoga mat if you have one (there are some available to
be lent out at no charge), a towel, a water bottle, a change of clothes
if you plan to go out after (you'll be sweaty)

Contact Elicia at eli...@uvic.ca if you have any questions

--
Maraming salamat po,
Melanie

--
Melanie Matining

2009 Programs Assistant
Migrant Forum In Asia
85-C Masikap Extension
Central District, Diliman
Quezon City 1100
Philippines
Tel: (+63-2) 928-2740
Telefax: (+63-2) 433-3508
Email: m...@pacific.net.hk

Direct Mobile: 0915-482-7971
Direct Email: mel...@antidotenetwork.org

We're Just Sayin' Program Facilitator
antidote: Multiracial & Indigenous Girls & Women's Network 407A-620 View
St.
Kuo'sing'el'as, Lekwungen Territory
Victoria, BC
(250) 661-4705
http://www.antidotenetwork.org

--
Ingat,
Melanie

--
Melanie Matining

University of Victoria Center for Asian-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI)
2009 Intern