HAC: Fwd: Call to Artists List Lots of New Opportunities

1 view

Alberto Santaballa

Jul 26, 2011, 7:30:06 AM7/26/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com

Feel free to pass this along to anyone interested.  There are opportunities for all levels of artists, indoor shows,
outdoor shows, online shows, gallery opportunities....Workshops and MORE.  In vast types of media!

Many deadlines are coming soon!

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Kosh list of call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining NEW upcoming Shows

Tom Rossetti Competition/Classes

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities Online Show

Art Serve events calendar
ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
Art Fest Boca
Art Fair Now Miami Beach
South Miami Rotary Arts Festival
Poster Contest - Florida Keys
Gallery Spaces

Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery Boca Raton

Paper Doll 2011 Coconut Grove

Looking for an Arts Educator

Art in the Breezeway-Raising Funds/supplies for Magnet Schools

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
Kansas Watercolor Society Exhibition
Art by Cora Lee Events

35th Annual International Bank Art Show New Mexico

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Miami Watercolor Society is proud to announce their First Annual On-Line Watercolor Show.

This is a wonderful opportunity to show your work.  The dates for entry are July 1 to August 1, 2011

It is easy and quick to enter!

Deadline to enter is midnight August 1, 2011.  For details and prices, please see our prospectus

on our website http://miamiwatercolor.org/ from June 1, 2011  Winners and acceptances

will be announced by August 26. The MWS On-Line Watercolor Show will be on the website by August 29.

$1000.00 first prize. Plus other awards in cash and merchant awards

Our judge is Sue Archer, http://www.archerville.com/sue/suearcher.html.

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists.  Sept 11, Demo: Drawing class with Larry Gerber!
go to our website for more information and membership application http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove Retrospective Gallery is now offering Workshop or Classroom space for rent to all Art related groups.

We are located in Coconut Grove at 2911 Grand Ave, in the Mayfair Center. This venue is approximately 900 sq. ft.

of air conditioned, well lighted space in the rear of our 6000 sq ft Art Gallery. We are currently working

on a rate schedule but invite all proposals.   Also rented gallery space available.  Please contact

Steven Steele at 305.742.7071 or acpo...@acposter.com

Steven Steele
AC Fine Art

" Buying & Selling Fine Art "

acfineartsite.com
2911 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL 33133
acpo...@acposter.com
305.742.7071

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist Registration Art Fest Boca

Fine Artists are invited to apply for Art Fest Boca (April 15 - August 1, 2011).

Apply today at Zapplication.com (Keywords: Art Fest Boca)
Becoming a member of Zapplication is free. Application fee: $25.00

Art Fest Boca 2011
Boca Center, 5250 Town Center Circle Boca Raton, FL 33486
Florida
South East Region
Application Deadline: 8/1/11
Show Dates: 11/19/11 - 11/20/11

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

September Show:  The Power of Color

Cost: $25.00 for GHA members

$ 35.00 non-members

Up to 2 pieces may be submitted.  (size limitations)

Cash prize for 1st .   2nd and 3rd place merchandise

Looking for a place to show your work? GroveHouse Artists Gallery currently has limited space open for new members.
Besides showing in our gallery, you can show at other outside venues. You will have good exposure to Coconut Grove!
You can download the application from our website at http://grovehouseartists.net/ or stop by the gallery in the Shops at
Mayfair and pick up a hard copy. Please send the completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)of samples of your work.
Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If sending an email please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.
Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
Membership Committee
2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C
Coconut Grove FL 33133

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.artnowfair.com/fairinformation.htm

Participation for Art Now Fair, Miami Beach

December 1 - December 4, 2011

Reception: December 1st, 6 - 10 PM

Art Now Fair is a hotel based fair at The Catalina Hotel, 1732 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach

Application Deadline: Saturday, July 30, 2011

Art Now Fair . Attn: Matt Garson . P.O. Box 20478 . New York, NY 10011 . USA

Phone: 216.990.3349 . Fax: 212.645.2397 . fa...@artnowfair.com . www.artnowfair.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUGUST 5, 2011- ART IN THE BREEZEWAY -will be presenting art and music food
and drink at 65 Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. Last month we had a great show with
Studio 61 Jonny Diol presenting a hair and fashion show along with fine art.
Music by Vito Lastayo and DJ Skinny keep the beat going to the over flow crow of 2000.
All Artist and musican are welcome to present their talents. The price is a bag of art
supplies that will be donated to Ponce Middle School and South Miami K-8 Magnet Arts School.
Can you believe it a Magnet art school doesn't have art supplies for their students.
Our grass roots effort has been going on for 3 years and all donations are appreciated.
If you would like to play or exhibit you work call 305-785-6344 or art4u...@gmail.com
Please come enjoy our party!!!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARTSHARE LLC creative arts group

Open Group Anyone can see the group, who's in it, and what members post. -

 ArtShareLLC...@groups.facebook.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Calling all Artists!! Poster Challenge!!!

 In preparation for the upcoming Flagler Centennial Celebration in the Florida Keys, the event committee and the

Marathon Community Theatre are sponsoring a poster challenge. Submit original poster

designs or painting depicting the importance of this event. Applications and rules can be obtained at

Marathon Community Theatre, or by contacting Ginger at 305-304-7842/arf...@aol.com.

Art submission deadline - August 4, 2011

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

Please note for the summer months, we will have the same delivery/pickup date for both larkins & skolnick centers!!!

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

Please copy the waiver of liability listed below when emailing your entries.

The deadline for August submittal is coming soon

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fun Project for Grove Art Stroll!

Project Runway, eat your heart out!  Trina Collins and The Paper Bag Heads are taking paper

couture to the next level.  They want the future fashion designers of Coconut

Grove to join them at the August 6th Gallery Walk for the "Be Your Own Paper Doll" Fashion Show.

The rules are simple.  First, register at Out of Africa.  They're at 2911 Grand Ave in Mayfair.

Do this by August 1.  Next, design an ensemble (dress, shirt, pants, skirt, suit, etc.),

or an entire collection if you are really creative.  Obviously, the fashions must be made completely out

of paper (news, wax, rice, wrapping, manila envelopes, you get the idea).  Finally, send yourself,

your favorite model, or as many people as you can convince, down the catwalk at the Mayfair Fountain.

The fashion show will take place at 6:30pm Saturday August 6th.  Models and designers should meet

outside the BID office at 6:00pm.  Questions?  Call Trina Collins Tuesdays through Fridays between noon and 3:00pm at 305-445-5900

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Organization name :

Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery Boca Raton

Judge :

Mr. George Bolge

Type of opportunity :

$1000.00 best in show

Title :

Biennial juried art competition 2012

Deadline November 30, 2011   For Details:

http://www.levisjcc.org/index.php?src=news&refno=73&category=Special%20Events

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rossetti Fine Art Gallery and Studios is calling for entries for its Anniversary Competition

"Summer Heat II", Opening August 2 to August 31. This is an open theme/open media

juried competition for all 2D and 3D works. All artists are invited to enter paintings,

drawings, sculpture, ceramics, photography, etc. to compete for cash prizes.

Awards: $1000 in cash prizes will be awarded!

Juror/Judge: Richard J. Frank

Send check to Rossetti Fine Art, postmarked no later than July 28.

Rossetti Fine Art, 132 S.W. 15th Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33060

Intake: Friday July 29 and Saturday July 30, 11AM to 4:00PM.

For details:

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

Life Drawing

Monitored Sessions

Tuesday nights 7:00~10:00PM

with The Broward Art Guild

Includes wine and snacks

Thursday Afternoon 3:00~6:00

with Simone Spade

$30 Drop in/$100 for 4 sessions

Includes coffee and snacks

Super Saturday Session

August 13th, 10:00 - 3:00

$40 per person ~ Join Now!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: Margaret Sotham <MSo...@informedfamilies.org>

Subject: Looking for Arts Educator

I'm working with South Miami Middle School and a county-wide

group to implement arts-based prevention programs and my

partnership is looking for a visual artist to participate in

the planning and implementation process. Can you suggest

how we might recruit someone? I'm thinking a recently

retired educator or an artist like yourself who also teaches...

what's the best way to reach out to those folks? This program is

not a funded initiative yet, so there's a bit of entrepreneurial spirit

needed. Would appreciate your input. Thanks!

Best,

Margaret Prinzavalli Sotham

Director, South Miami Drug-Free Coalition

305.962.5606 cell

mso...@informedfamilies.org

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go to Zapplication to apply for the famous:

South Miami Rotary Art Festival 2012

http://www.southmiamiartfest.org/festival_facts.html

We have made two major changes for our 28th festival.

We have registered with Zapplication to make it easier for you to apply

to all of your shows at once, and we have doubled our marketing efforts to attract buyers.

Downtown South Miami on Sunset Drive From US1 to Red Road (SW 57th Ave.)
Florida
South East Region
Application Deadline: 10/29/11
Show Dates: 2/25/12 - 2/26/12

http://www.zapplication.org/shows.phtml

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?
email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Photographers, you are invited to participate in one of the world's most substantial calls for photography: One Life, An International Photography Competition.

Share your images with the world for a chance at $50,000 in awards, international acclaim and more.   Deadline is Midnight July 29!

http://www.onelifephotos.com/?f=aw2

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Calls for outdoor shows around the US

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

35th Annual International Bank

Art Show and Sale New Mexico

The International Show will be celebrating its 35th Anniversary this year.

The International Show is the oldest show in Northeast New Mexico

and known for its fine quality and original artwork.  Awards equaling $1000

will be presented this year. Approximately 150 artists will participate

in our Annual International Bank Show 2011. Artists are encouraged to apply early,

the deadline for entries is August 10th, 2011.

Any questions, call Ray at 575-445-2052   Details, click on this link:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=cjmvugcab&v=001aTnFgKol9s4tmwAJ5jVXSajmEgww-YC2blkeLf6dz59Vkq2salmgdtzUx7Csm1S3on61s_SYhMeJyN7TgYPHt6RjC9kUujZmJFkw-UWzFvQ%3D

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Kansas Watercolor Society Exhibition

Deadline to enter August 1, 2011

details on prospectus

http://www.kansaswatercolor.com/KWS%20web/pg%20exhibitions/KWS_Prospectus2011.pdf

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artistic Excellence Art Competition

Enter Southwest Art's newest competition, the 2011 Artistic Excellence Competition,

for a chance to win cash and gain valuable exposure for your work.

PRIZES
First Place Award: $2,000
Second Place Award: $1,000
Third Place Award: $500
10 Honorable Mentions: $100 worth of North Light Books

The 13 winning artists will be published in the December 2011 issue of

Southwest Art and on our website. PLUS one lucky winner will be chosen

for that issue's cover art. All winners and finalists will receive a certificate suitable for framing.

Deadline: August 1, 2011

http://www.southwestart.com/artistic-excellence-art-competition?et_mid=507043&rid=2752409

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist's Network Competitions.  Deadline August 1

http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fec8117177600674&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe2116777062067b7d1579&l=ff3516727562&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe8f1c737266017976&et_mid=512429&rid=2752409&r=0

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art by Cora Lee

Cascata winery plein air art retreat

Time: 1pm monday through noon friday mid may through mid october (see dates below)

Location: the professors' inn at cascata winery street:

3651 state route 14 city/town: watkins glen, finger lakes, new york state, usa
website phone: 607 857-5213

From may through mid-october , 2011

here is a list of specific dates:

August 15-19 open

September 19-23 open

Foliage plein air

September 26-30 open

October 3-7 open

October 17-21 open

.... Write me at artbyc...@gmail.com for details

ONLINE INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL WARMING SHOW

We are offering a free, non award opportunity to participate with artists from around the world

in an expression of our artistic ideas about Global Warming or Weather Gone Wild.

The intent of this show is non political and non religious, but artists may express

themselves in any manner they see fit. Note, however, that significantly offensive material will be excluded.

Artists are requested to submit up to two photos of their work through email to artbyc...@gmail.com.

Work should be signed before photographed when possible and permission given by the artist, together

with the submission, for work to be displayed in this show, which may appear on Facebook,

YouTube or some other online format. A copyright notification will be included in the show prohibiting

copying of the work without the artist's explicit permission. Please include your name,

country (current and/or of origin), comment about your work, and email address if you would

like it attached to your picture in the show. We will devise a pleasant format for the photos of artwork

and find the best vehicle possible. Entries are due by July 30, 2011.

If possible the show will be up the beginning of September 2011. Show Curator: K. Coralee Burch

contact: k. Coralee burch, artbyc...@gmail.com, 607 857-5213

4DE3.jpg
4DE3.jpg