HAC: Fwd: Call to Artists List Lots of New Opportunities

Alberto Santaballa

Jun 14, 2011, 1:41:48 PM6/14/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com
Feel free to pass this along to anyone interested.  There are opportunities for all levels of artists, indoor shows, outdoor shows, online shows, gallery opportunities....Workshops and MORE

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

 Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Kosh list of call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining NEW upcoming Shows

Tom Rossetti Competition

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities upcoming Online Show

Art Serve events calendar
ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
Art Fusion Gallery competition
Mystery Arts Expo
Art Fest Boca
South Miami Arts Festival
Visual Artist Consultant needed
Plein Aire Workshop in Pembroke Pines

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
Kansas Watercolor Society Exhibition
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Miami Watercolor Society is proud to announce their First Annual On-Line Watercolor Show.

This is a wonderful opportunity to show your work.  The dates for entry are July 1 to August 1, 2011

Deadline to enter is midnight August 1, 2011.  For details and prices, please see our prospectus

on our website http://miamiwatercolor.org/ from June 1, 2011  Winners and acceptances

will be announced by August 26. The MWS On-Line Watercolor Show will be on the website by August 29.

$1000.00 first prize. Plus other awards in cash and merchant awards

Our judge is Sue Archer, http://www.archerville.com/sue/suearcher.html.

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists.  Sept 11, Demo: Drawing class with Larry Gerber!
go to our website for more information and membership application http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove Retrospective Gallery is now offering Workshop or Classroom space for rent to all Art related groups.

We are located in Coconut Grove at 2911 Grand Ave, in the Mayfair Center. This venue is approximately 900 sq. ft.

of air conditioned, well lighted space in the rear of our 6000 sq ft Art Gallery. We are currently working

on a rate schedule but invite all proposals.   Also rented gallery space available.  Please contact

Steven Steele at 305.742.7071 or acpo...@acposter.com

Steven Steele
AC Fine Art

" Buying & Selling Fine Art "

acfineartsite.com
2911 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL 33133
acpo...@acposter.com
305.742.7071

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist Registration Art Fest Boca

Fine Artists are invited to apply for Art Fest Boca (April 15 - August 1, 2011).

Apply today at Zapplication.com (Keywords: Art Fest Boca)
Becoming a member of Zapplication is free. Application fee: $25.00

Art Fest Boca 2011
Boca Center, 5250 Town Center Circle Boca Raton, FL 33486
Florida
South East Region
Application Deadline: 8/1/11
Show Dates: 11/19/11 - 11/20/11

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists upcoming shows  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

Grid Shows:  all applications available on GHA website www.grovehouseartists.net

Details and applications on the Website

 INTAKE SATURDAY JUNE 25TH - OPENING SATURDAY JULY 2ND --- SUMMER HEAT

INTAKE SATURDAY AUGUST 28TH - OPENING SATURDAY SEPT 3 --- THE POWER OF COLOR

Cost: $20.00 for GHA Members

$30 for other artists.

Up to 2 pieces may be submitted. (size limitations)

Bring your form, fee & painting to the intake.

Looking for a place to show your work? GroveHouse Artists Gallery currently has limited space open for new members.
Besides showing in our gallery, you can show at other outside venues. You will have good exposure to Coconut Grove!
You can download the application from our website at grovehouseartists.net or stop by the gallery in the Shops at
Mayfair and pick up a hard copy. Please send the completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)of samples of your work.
Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If sending an email please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.
Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
Membership Committee
2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C
Coconut Grove FL 33133

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Annual - 2011 International Juried Photography Competition

Cash & Awards Valued Over $10,000

Including - Artists Haven Gallery Representation Contract, Solo Exhibition, Internet Exposure, Website Hosting, Magazine Publicity, and additional Sponsorship Prizes.

Entry Deadline - JUNE 30, 2011

Download Entry Forms At - www.artistshavengallery.com

JUROR: Wendy M. Blazier, Senior Curator, Boca Raton Museum of Art

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARTSHARE LLC creative arts group

Open Group Anyone can see the group, who's in it, and what members post. -

 ArtShareLLC...@groups.facebook.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From: Margaret Sotham <MSo...@informedfamilies.org>

Date: June 3, 2011 1:17:45 PM EDT

I'm working with South Miami Middle School and a county-wide group to implement arts-based prevention

programs and my partnership is looking for a visual artist to participate in the planning and implementation

process. Can you suggest how we might recruit someone? I'm thinking a recently retired educator or an

artist like yourself who also teaches....what's the best way to reach out to those folks?

This program is not a funded initiative yet, so there's a bit of entrepreneurial spirit needed. Would appreciate your input. Thanks!

Best,

Margaret Prinzavalli Sotham

Director, South Miami Drug-Free Coalition

305.962.5606 cell

mso...@informedfamilies.org

Office:

2490 Coral Way

Miami, FL 33145

Fax:

305.856.4815

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!

AND, STARVING INTAKE IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, FROM 12 30 TIL 3    AT BROWARD LIBRARY

for details email Kosh for details.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

Please note for the summer months, we will have the same delivery/pickup date for both larkins & skolnick centers!!!

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

Please copy the waiver of liability listed below when emailing your entries.

The deadline for submittal is the 23rd of each month.

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lionel Sanchez Plein Air Workshop ...

www.lionelsanchezwatercolors.com
workshop location.
raymond p. Oglesby environmental preserve
3115 s.w. 52nd avenue
pembroke park, fl 33023

write checks to:
allied arts of north miami
(postmarked by june 18th, 2011...cancellations refunded at 50% after june 18, 2011)
mail checks to:
judy moses 4250 stirling rd., hollywood, fl. 33021

for more info: phone (954)983-4716 or e-mail.j...@aol.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rossetti Fine Art Gallery and Studios is calling for entries for its Juried Competition "Lucky 7 2011",

Opening June 30 to July 27. This is an open theme/open media juried competition

for all 2D and 3D works. All artists are invited to enter paintings, watercolors, drawings, sculpture,

ceramics, photography, etc. to compete for cash prizes. The awards reception will be held on

Thursday July 7 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. This exhibit is open to the public.

Awards: $700 in cash prizes will be awarded!

For details:

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

Two Calls to artists on their site

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go to Zapplication to apply for the famous:

South Miami Rotary Art Festival 2012

http://www.southmiamiartfest.org/festival_facts.html

We have made two major changes for our 28th festival.

We have registered with Zapplication to make it easier for you to apply

to all of your shows at once, and we have doubled our marketing efforts to attract buyers.

Downtown South Miami on Sunset Drive From US1 to Red Road (SW 57th Ave.)
Florida
South East Region
Application Deadline: 10/29/11
Show Dates: 2/25/12 - 2/26/12

http://www.zapplication.org/shows.phtml

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?
email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Watercolor Society Competition

http://www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org/exhibits/2011-Annual-Show/NWS_2011_Prospectus.pdf

Deadline July 9 Deadline for entries

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Call for outdoor shows around the US

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist Magazine

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/annualcompetition/?et_mid=81357&rid=2752409

Compete and Win in 5 Categories!
For an update on competitions

Click on this link:    http://www.artistsnetwork.com/competitions/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Kansas Watercolor Society Exhibition

Deadline to enter August 1, 2011

details on prospectus

http://www.kansaswatercolor.com/KWS%20web/pg%20exhibitions/KWS_Prospectus2011.pdf

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artistic Excellence Art Competition

Enter Southwest Art's newest competition, the 2011 Artistic Excellence Competition,

for a chance to win cash and gain valuable exposure for your work.

PRIZES
First Place Award: $2,000
Second Place Award: $1,000
Third Place Award: $500
10 Honorable Mentions: $100 worth of North Light Books

The 13 winning artists will be published in the December 2011 issue of

Southwest Art and on our website. PLUS one lucky winner will be chosen

for that issue's cover art. All winners and finalists will receive a certificate suitable for framing.

Deadline: August 1, 2011

http://www.southwestart.com/artistic-excellence-art-competition?et_mid=507043&rid=2752409

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.xanadugallery.com/Home.asp

We have a commercial client looking for a mid-size bronze sculpture (approx. 5 ft. tall x 5 ft. wide x 2 ft. deep)

that would have appeal to a western rural/Native American clientele. Subject matter could include a horse and rider.

The owner of the business is only interested in very a realistic, traditional style.

No contemporary/abstract works would be of interest.

The budget is approximately $25,000 retail. (Xanadu's commission is 40% for the project.)

If you have or know of any bronzes that might fit the above criteria, please email images, dimensions, and retail price to ela...@xanadugallery.com.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art by Cora Lee

1)

Cascata winery plein air art retreat

Time: 1pm monday through noon friday mid may through mid october (see dates below)

Location: the professors' inn at cascata winery street:

3651 state route 14 city/town: watkins glen, finger lakes, new york state, usa
website phone: 607 857-5213

From may through mid-october , 2011

here is a list of specific dates:

June 20-24 open

July 18-22 open

August 15-19 open

September 19-23 open

Foliage plein air

September 26-30 open

October 3-7 open

October 17-21 open

.... Write me at artbyc...@gmail.com for details

2) the other is an internet international global warming art show.

Here is that information:

I think we can do an international "weather gone wild"

artshow on Facebook by starting small and this is my suggestion:

I need your name and email to follow up on organizing an online show.

If there are others who would like to participate... Please write me specifically

and send pics of your weather gone wild paintings.

I will put them together in a show for all of us on facebook....

Write me at artbyc...@gmail.com thanks... Send up to two pictures

for now on email. Be sure they're signed, also put your country (and city),

so we can show that this is a global effort. I will try to get this together

over the next month. I need to actually get pictures (emailed) to do it

with your permission to use them in this show. At some point we might also put it on video and on youtube.

artbyc...@gmail.com

contact: k. Coralee burch, artbyc...@gmail.com, 607 857-5213

4DE3.jpg
4DE3.jpg