HAC: Call to Artists List Lots of New Opportunities

1 view

Alberto Santaballa

May 25, 2011, 8:53:35 AM5/25/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com

Feel free to pass this along to anyone interested.  There are opportunities for all levels of artists, indoor shows, outdoor shows, online shows, gallery opportunities....Workshops and MORE

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

 Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Kosh list of call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining NEW upcoming Shows

Tom Rossetti Competition

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities upcoming Online Show

Art Serve events calendar

ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
Art Fusion Gallery competition
Mystery Arts Expo
Art Fest Boca

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Splash Magazine
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
Kansas Watercolor Society Exhibition
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Miami Watercolor Society is proud to announce their

First Annual On-Line Watercolor Show.

This is a wonderful opportunity to show your work.

The dates for entry are July 1 to August 1, 2011 Deadline to enter is midnight August 1, 2011.

For details and prices, please see our prospectus on our website http://miamiwatercolor.org/ from June 1, 2011

Winners and acceptances will be announced by August 26. T

The MWS On-Line Watercolor Show will be on the website by August 29.

$1000.00 first prize. Plus other awards in cash and merchant awards

Our judge is Sue Archer, http://www.archerville.com/sue/suearcher.html.

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists
go to our website for more information and membership application http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove Retrospective Gallery is now offering Workshop or Classroom space for rent to all Art related groups.

We are located in Coconut Grove at 2911 Grand Ave, in the Mayfair Center. This venue is approximately 900 sq. ft.

of air conditioned, well lighted space in the rear of our 6000 sq ft Art Gallery. We are currently working

on a rate schedule but invite all proposals.   Also rented gallery space available.  Please contact

Steven Steele at 305.742.7071 or acpo...@acposter.com

Steven Steele
AC Fine Art

" Buying & Selling Fine Art "

acfineartsite.com
2911 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL 33133
acpo...@acposter.com
305.742.7071

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist Registration Art Fest Boca

Fine Artists are invited to apply for Art Fest Boca (April 15 - August 1, 2011).

Apply today at Zapplication.com (Keywords: Art Fest Boca)
Becoming a member of Zapplication is free. Application fee: $25.00

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists upcoming shows  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

Grid Shows:  all applications available on GHA website www.grovehouseartists.net

Details and applications on the Website

INTAKE SATURDAY MAY 28TH - OPENING SATURDAY JUNE 7TH --- WATERWORKS

 INTAKE SATURDAY JUNE 25TH - OPENING SATURDAY JULY 2ND --- SUMMER HEAT

Cost: $20.00 for GHA Members

$30 for other artists.

Up to 2 pieces may be submitted. (size limitations)

Bring your form, fee & painting to the intake.

Looking for a place to show your work? GroveHouse Artists Gallery currently has limited space open for new members.
Besides showing in our gallery, you can show at other outside venues. You will have good exposure to Coconut Grove!
You can download the application from our website at grovehouseartists.net or stop by the gallery in the Shops at
Mayfair and pick up a hard copy. Please send the completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)of samples of your work.
Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If sending an email please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.
Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
Membership Committee
2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C
Coconut Grove FL 33133

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The "Mystery Art Expo" (MAE) will take place on Saturday, June 4, 2011, simultaneously with the annual

End-Of-Year Exhibition at The Learning Tree of Arts (Apollon Plaza, Second Floor, 13863 S. Dixie Highway, Miami)

from 6:30 -10:00 PM. Admission is free, and open to the public. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the

Voices for Children Foundation, an organization that provides financial assistance for the abused and neglected children in Miami-Dade County.

If you would like to participate, please let me know by Friday, May 20 (for advertising purposes).

Artwork deadline is May 31, 2011.

Karyn Tenn Yuk

The Learning Tree of Arts, Inc., President

Mystery Art Expo, Event Coordinator

13863 South Dixie Highway

Miami FL 33176

(305) 971-4080

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!   Starving Artist coming SOON!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

Please copy the waiver of liability listed below when emailing your entries.

The deadline for submittal is the 23rd of each month.

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call to artists

Equilibrium 2011

Open Theme/Open Media

Preregister for May 28th Intake

$500 in cash prizes!!!

For complete entry form visit www.tomrossetti.com

Click News Tab

For details:

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

Two Calls to artists on their site

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?
email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Watercolor Society Competition

http://www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org/exhibits/2011-Annual-Show/NWS_2011_Prospectus.pdf

Deadline July 9 Deadline for entries

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Call for outdoor shows around the US

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Artist Magazine