HAC: Fwd: Call to Artists and opportunities

Alberto Santaballa

Dec 8, 2011, 7:49:32 AM12/8/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com

Have a wonderful Holiday Season and all the best for the new year!

Feel free to pass this along to anyone that may be interested.

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Kosh  call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining NEW upcoming Shows

Tom Rossetti Competition/Classes

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities

Art Serve events calendar
ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
Gallery Spaces

Broward County call to artists

Gerber Art School Opens

Plantation Art Guild workshops

Classes at Michael's

PeacePalooza in Miami
Life is Art - Art Basel Exhibition

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
Art by Cora Lee Events
Artist Market Magazine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists.
go to our website for more information and membership application http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Broward County call to artists Link

http://www.broward.org/ARTS/PUBLICART/Pages/calls.aspx

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DECEMBER 2011 TRI-COUNTY ART GUILD GUIDE & DEMO BULLETIN

Allied Arts of N.M. (meet Hallandale Bch), Tuesday, December 13, 3 PM - 5 PM
FREE FIGURE DRAWING (COSTUMED) for MEMBERS.
$10 MODEL FEE for GUESTS.
Come and bring your own supplies for drawing/painting/sculpting from a live model .

Meetings take place on the second Tuesday monthly from 3PM to 5 PM from

September thru April at the Hallandale Beach Culture & Community Center

at 410 S.E. 3rd Street, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009  Info 954-983-4716

Pembroke Pines Art Guild
NO MEETING/DEMO PLANNED FOR DECEMBER.
Meetings take place on the second Tuesday monthly from

7PM to 9PM at Pembroke Pines Recreation Center 7402 Pines Blvd.,

Pembroke Pines, FL 33024 www.pembrokepinesartguild.com

Hollywood Art Guild, Thursday, December 8, 7PM to 9PM
ARTIST.ADRIAN LAPADATU DEMO.THE CARICATURE DEVELOPED BEYOND LINE
See work done in a variety of media on his website. www.adriansart.com
Meetings take place the second Thursday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at the Hollywood Beach

Culture and Community Center at 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 Guests welcome.

For more info go to the guild website at www.hollywoodartguild.org

Palm Beach Watercolor Society, Thursday, December 8, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
ARTIST.JANE BAZINET DEMO.LYRICAL FIGURATIVE PAINTING IN WATER MEDIA
Jane's work can be seen at www.janebazinet.com
Meetings take place on the second Thursday monthly from 6:30 PM to 9 PM

at the Boca Raton Community Center located at 150 Crawford Boulevard,

Boca Raton, FL., 33486. For more info go to the guild website at www.pbwatercolor.org

Miami Watercolor Society, Sunday, December 11, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
For our December Meeting we are having an OPEN HOUSE for all people interested in learning

about watercolors and watermedia.  Meetings take place on the second Sunday

monthly from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM at Pinecrest Community Center located at

5855 SW 111th Street, Miami, Florida 33156 Guests are welcome. For more information go to www.miamiwatercolorsociety.org

The Gold Coast Watercolor Society, Tuesday, December 20, 7 PM to 9 PM
ARTIST.SANDI LEVY DEMO.MULTIMEDIA TECHNIQUE
Meetings take place on the third Tuesday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at ArtServe located at

1350 East Sunrise Boulevard. Fort Lauderdale, FL33304 inside the Fort Lauderdale Library.

Go to www.goldcoastwatercolorsociety.com

Weston Art Guild
NO MEETING/DEMO PLANNED FOR DECEMBER.HAVE A FINE CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR
Meetings take place on the last Monday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at Rick Case Hyundai (2nd floor) ,

3550 Weston Road (at So. Post Road), Weston, FL 33337. Guests welcome. www.Westonartguild.blogspot.com

Plantation Art Guild.Meet first Mondays at Deicke Auditorium www.pantationartguild.org
Our-Art-By-The-Sea.Meet third Wednesdays Lauderdale--By-The-Sea www.ourartbythesea.org

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

Looking for a place to show your work? GroveHouse Artists Gallery currently has limited space open for new members.

Besides showing in our gallery, you can show at other outside venues. You will have good exposure to Coconut Grove!
You can download the application from our website at http://grovehouseartists.net/ or stop by the gallery in the Shops at
Mayfair and pick up a hard copy. Please send the completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)of samples of your work.
Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If sending an email please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.
Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
Membership Committee
2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C
Coconut Grove FL 33133

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 We have the fabulous Lynn Ferris starting off the workshops November 8-11. Please don't hesitate to contact me by email or phone if you have any questions.

Also there will be a workshop in January 2012 with Carrie Burns Brown

We offer a 10% discount if you take two workshops this year, and a 15% discount if you take 3. Please send the registration form and the deposit to me if you would like to take a workshop. If any of you are from out of town, we recommend accommodations at La Quinta Inn in Plantation .

La Quinta Inn & Suites, 8101 Peters Rd, Plantation, FL 33324, Phone: 1-954-476-6047, Fax: 1-954-476-6547

Hope to see you there,

Karen Braverman

KFB...@aol.com

www.plantationartguild.org

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art classes schedules at Michael's

To view the pictures click this link: www.picturetrail.com/tigerlillys41

Hope to see you in class soon. If you should have any questions,

my phone number is at the bottom of the page. Note: all classes

must be registered and paid 24 hours in advance.

Art classes schedules - at  Dadeland, Homestead and Kendall   Michael's Locations

Charlene Powell

Grumbacher Certified Instructor

Elite, One Stroke Certified Instructor,

Bob Ross Certified Floral Instructor

Priscilla Hauser Accredited Instructor

Miami, FL 33176 PH: 305-232-0442

Visit pictures @ www.Picturetrail.com/tigerlillys41

& www.Picturetrail.com/stroking4fun

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARTSHARE LLC creative arts group

Open Group Anyone can see the group, who's in it, and what members post. -

 ArtShareLLC...@groups.facebook.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to follow up with your interest in participating in our upcoming PEACE celebration to be held at Tobacco Road, on Saturday, December, 10, 2011.

We have reformatted the program to include many more varities of musicPlease do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

Marla Warrington

Mar...@EventRhythm.com

786-223-2554

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

Please note for the summer months, we will have the same delivery/pickup date for both larkins & skolnick centers!!!

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

A waiver of liability is required when emailing your entries.

Delivery dates for the November exhibit are as follows:

Skolnick Center & Larkins Center 11:30am-1:00pm- December 07

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Fellow Artists;

I am looking for Studio space in the Miami area for a reasonable monthly amount. I am willing to share with other artists.

If anyone knows of anyone looking for a studio mate or has space they are willing to rent, please email me with a

name and email address. I'm even willing to rent a room in someone's house as long as the room is air conditioned and

gives me access to water and bathroom.  If anyone knows of anybody, please tell them to contact me. I work with acrylic on canvas.

Thanks, Joe Woodward 786-478-1968. Jtwoo...@aol.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

Life Drawing

Monitored Sessions

Tuesday nights 7:00~10:00PM

$30 Drop in/$100 for 4 sessions

Thursday Brunch Drawing Session

10:00AM to 1:00PM

(This class starts January 5th)

$30 Drop in/$100 for 4 sessions

Oil and Acrylic Painting

Instructed by Tom Rossetti

Beginning to Advanced

Abstract to Realism

Wednesday 12:00 to 3:00PM

$160 for 4 week sessions

Portrait Painting

Instructed by Rob Saunders

Thursday evenings

6:30 to 9:30PM

Oils and acrylics

$160 for 4 week sessions

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The GerberArt School began a new academic year

of fantastic educational programs the week of September 5th..

Session II starts the week of October 31st and goes

through the end of the week of December 12th.

Winter session classes start January 2, 2012.

You are encouraged to contact the school with questions

561- 955 - 0551.

Sincerely,
Nina Motta
Administrative Director
GerberArt School
1746 Costa Del Sol
Boca Raton, Fl 33432

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Palm Beach Watercolor Society

Sign up now for an exciting and stimulating two day workshop

with Carol Ann presented by Palm Beach Watercolor Society.

Learn some of her special techniques to transfer a photo image

to your painting. Learn the special methods of applying watercolor

to Yupo. Get some forever tips on adding personality and a new

life to your paintings. Get on the path to more vibrant and interesting paintings!

Location: Boynton Woman's Club

1010 S. Federal Hwy., Boynton Beach, FL, 33435

Dates: February 15 &16, 2012

Fee: Members $160- Non members $190

Reserve your space now! Send $100 deposit to:

Adrienne Walker

6376 Timberlakes Way

Delray Beach, Fl 33484

For further information contact

Lynn Holland @ 561 638 9927

Laplu...@aol.com

or

Carol Ann @ 561 637 5059

www.Carolannsherman.com Batch...@aol.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 14th Annual Gifford Lane Art Stroll will take place Sunday March 18, 2012. We will be sending out the Call for Artists

in the beginning of January. To get things rolling, we are announcing the Second Annual Gifford Lane Art Stroll

Poster Artist Contest. Once again, the winning artist will receive a free booth space and all the recognition

we can bestow upon you. We will use the winning design for the t-shirt, poster, postcard and all promotional materials for the 2012 Gifford Lane Art Stroll.

The rules are as follows:

Must be signed original artwork.

Art is to be submitted via email to giffordlan...@gmail.com

Art should be sent as attached jpeg files (300 dpi or better)

Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2011

The winner will be notified no later than January 31, 2012

Entries that are not selected will be deleted.

For the 2012 Poster Artist:

If accepted, The Gifford Lane Art Stroll has my permission to reproduce my artwork for the purpose of advertising and

marketing the Stroll. The Gifford Lane Art Stroll also has my permission to publish photographs or videos taken of my booth,

my work and me during the Festival for purposes related to promotion of the Stroll, past or future.

If selected as the poster artist, I understand that there will be no additional remuneration, or compensation beyond the waiver of the Artist Booth Fee.

Upon completion of the Stroll, all ownership and rights to the original images will revert to the artist.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello dear fellow artists!
I have just begun a series of watercolor classes at Pearls Art and
Craft on Oakland Park Blvd. on Saturdays.
It is intermediate to advanced, meaning you need some painting/
drawing experience.

Liora
lior...@aol.com
http://www.lioraart.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALL for ARTISTS -Carnaval on the Mile 2012 - March 4 & 5

If you are a talented artist, looking for new venues and new challenges, then you may be ready to enter

Carnaval on the Mile Art Festival, a high-selling show and one of South Florida's premier art festivals.

The art festival takes place in the historic downtown "City Beautiful" - Coral Gables

For more information and application please visit www.carnavalonthemile.com

or email me, Gilda Sacasas at sac...@aol.com or call me at 305.447.1740

Artfully,

Gilda Sacasas,

Carnaval on the Mile Art Director

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.artistamundo.com/

Sign up for marketing classes and fine art opportunities

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?

email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:  Lots of opportunities available, many of them LOCAL

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Evergreen Fine Art Gallery, located in beautiful Evergreen, Colorado, is proud to present our

first annual competition to design our beloved Evergreen AngelT. Evergreen Fine Art is in its 20th

year of designing the Hospice Angel. This year we are doing something exciting and opening it up as a contest or artists.

TO DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM

http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=febb117270620d74&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe29167771650378701675&l=ff2d1c767665&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe951d727066007f77&et_mid=525699&rid=2752409&r=0

The gallery cannot accept submissions in person,
nor inquiries about the status of entries.

The design should allow for a sterling silver angel as well as a sterling silver limited
edition angel with a gemstone. Go to our website at Evergreenfineart.com and look
under the Evergreen Angel tab to view previous angels. The finished angel will be
1 inch tall and no more than ¾ inch wide at the base. Four millimeter gems are used
in the limited edition angels.

ENTRY DEADLINE:
January 31, 2012
NOTIFICATION DATE FOR WINNER: April 1st 2012.
The winning Angel will be announced on the Evergreen Fine Art Website: www.evergreenfineart.com on April 1, 2012.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Acrylic Artist Magazine wants to reproduce your work in vivid, full-color detail.
So whether you're an acrylic purest or dabble in mixed media...whether you create on canvas,

linen or wood...whether or not you utilize non-acrylic elements...if acrylic is your primary medium,

this is your chance to expose your work to galleries, collectors and enthusiasts alike!

Deadline: February 1, 2012
- Enter now!

You've still got a few months-take time to experiment, to innovate and then enter to win. Learn more and enter today!

PRIZES

Best of Show: $500
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $100
4th Place: $50
Award Winners will be published and Honorable Mentions' names will be listed in an upcoming issue of Acrylic Artist.

Deadline: February 1, 2012 Click below for details.

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/competitions/acrylic-artist-competition?et_mid=526861&rid=2871925

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Calls for outdoor shows around the US

4DE3.jpg
4DE3.jpg