HAC: Fwd: Call to Artists List Lots of New Opportunities

Alberto Santaballa

Sep 9, 2011, 1:22:58 PM9/9/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com

Many deadlines are coming soon!

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Kosh list of call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining NEW upcoming Shows

Tom Rossetti Competition/Classes

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities

Art Serve events calendar
ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
South Miami Rotary Arts Festival
Gallery Spaces

Art in the Breezeway-Raising Funds/supplies for Magnet Schools

Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery Boca Raton

Color and Light Show Riviera Presbyterian Church

Madd Hatter Festival Coconut Grove

Demos in Tri County Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach

Wellington Art Opportunity

Seminar - Art in public places

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
Art by Cora Lee Events
Artist Market Magazine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists.  Sept 11, Demo: Drawing class with Larry Gerber!
go to our website for more information and membership application http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove Retrospective Gallery is now offering Workshop or Classroom space for rent to all Art related groups.

We are located in Coconut Grove at 2911 Grand Ave, in the Mayfair Center. This venue is approximately 900 sq. ft.

of air conditioned, well lighted space in the rear of our 6000 sq ft Art Gallery. We are currently working

on a rate schedule but invite all proposals.   Also rented gallery space available.  Please contact

Steven Steele at 305.742.7071 or acpo...@acposter.com

Steven Steele
AC Fine Art

" Buying & Selling Fine Art "

acfineartsite.com
2911 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL 33133
acpo...@acposter.com
305.742.7071

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIS EMAIL IS BEING SENT IN REFERENCE TO ARTISTS INTERESTED IN

PARTICIPATING IN THE 2011 MAD HATTER ARTS FESTIVAL held in Coconut Grove, Fl. Oct. 29 & 30.

It has been brought to our attention that some incorrect information is being put out to potential

participants in the MAD HATTER ARTS FESTIVAL concerning the rules to apply or participate -

just to clear up any questions please see the attached Official Application Packet and rules for acceptance.

This is not an exhibition that only requires an artist to just "Set-Up your Table and Sell"

This is a juried Festival, and to participate you must submit the official application, a

cd or 3 photos of your work, a signed waiver(included in the packet for your signature) and a $25 nonrefundable application fee.

We would sincerely love to have you be a part of our 2 day Art Festival and look forward

to hearing back from you. If you have questions please email at:

in...@madhatterartsfestival.com. See us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.

Best regards,

Teresa Sorrentino

Director

MAD HATTER ARTS FESTIVAL 2011

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

September Show:  Small Wonders

Cost: $25.00 for GHA members

$ 35.00 non-members

Up to 2 pieces may be submitted.  (size limitations)

Cash prize for 1st .   2nd and 3rd place merchandise

Looking for a place to show your work? GroveHouse Artists Gallery currently has limited space open for new members.
Besides showing in our gallery, you can show at other outside venues. You will have good exposure to Coconut Grove!
You can download the application from our website at http://grovehouseartists.net/ or stop by the gallery in the Shops at
Mayfair and pick up a hard copy. Please send the completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)of samples of your work.
Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If sending an email please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.
Isabelle "Izi" Schuette
Membership Committee
2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C
Coconut Grove FL 33133

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFF LAS OLAS ART FAIR

Saturday & Sunday OCTOBER 22 - 23, 2011

At the Historic Stranahan House Museum

10 am until 5 pm

This event will happen simultaneously during the

Las Olas Art Festival so it is a great day to come

down and enjoy the Boulevard!

Now accepting applications for artists to participate!

For more information, please contact Marlene at 954.524.4736 or education@stranahanhouse.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUGUST 5, 2011- ART IN THE BREEZEWAY -will be presenting art and music food
and drink at 65 Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. Last month we had a great show with

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARTSHARE LLC creative arts group

Open Group Anyone can see the group, who's in it, and what members post. -

 ArtShareLLC...@groups.facebook.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COLOR & LIGHT 2011

Riviera Presbyterian Church

5275 Sunset Drive

South Miami, Fl 33143

An indoor show and sale for fine art and artists - one day only!

Date: Saturday November 5, 2011

Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm

now accepting applications, deadline for entry is October 1, 2011

Fees: $25.00 entry fee, plus 10% of sales on that day.

Contact :Kathy Stults @ 305-608-0788

or at kstu...@bellsouth.net

or Riviera Presbyterian Church at 305-666-8586 for more information

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

Please note for the summer months, we will have the same delivery/pickup date for both larkins & skolnick centers!!!

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

Please copy the waiver of liability listed below when emailing your entries.

The intake day is usually the first week of the month

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art in the Square Delray Beach 2011
is a Juried Fine Arts event scheduled for October 29th-30th, 2011 at Old School Square in Delray Beach,

Florida benefiting youth art programs and the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Southern Florida.

http://www.artinthesquaredelraybeach.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Organization name :

Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery Boca Raton

Judge :

Mr. George Bolge

Type of opportunity :

$1000.00 best in show

Title :

Biennial juried art competition 2012

Deadline November 30, 2011   For Details:

http://www.levisjcc.org/index.php?src=news&refno=73&category=Special%20Events

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALL TO ARTISTS!!!

Equinox 2011

Juried Exhibit Open Theme/Media

Intake September 9 and 10 from 11-4

Judge: Ron Garrett, MFA Kent State Univ.

For details:

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

Life Drawing

Monitored Sessions

Tuesday nights 7:00~10:00PM

with The Broward Art Guild

Includes wine and snacks

Thursday Afternoon 3:00~6:00

with Simone Spade

$30 Drop in/$100 for 4 sessions

Includes coffee and snacks

Super Saturday Session

August 13th, 10:00 - 3:00

$40 per person ~ Join Now!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEPTEMBER 2011 TRI-COUNTY ART GUILD GUIDE & DEMO BULLETIN

Plantation Art Guild.
Meetings take place on the first Mondays monthly

at the Deicke Auditorium 5701 Cypress Road, Plantation. 33317 www.pantationartguild.org

Allied Arts of North Miami, Tuesday September 13, 3 PM to 5 PM
ARTIST.MICKEY RAY DEMO.FACIAL ANATOMY & CARTOONING IN A LITE LESSON
410 S.E. 3rd Street, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 Guests welcome. Info 954-983-4716

Pembroke Pines Art Guild.Meetings are second Tuesdays monthly at Pembroke

Pines Recreation Center 7402 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines, FL 33024 www.pembrokepinesartguild.com

Miami Watercolor Society, Sunday, September 11, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
ARTIST.LARRY GERBER DEMO.SKETCHING CLASS WITH A LIVE MODEL
***He will have the attendees sketch. Bring your sketch pad, pencils & travel paints.
Meetings take place on the second Sunday monthly from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM at

Pinecrest Community Center located at 5855 SW 111th Street, Miami,

Florida 33156 Guests are welcome. For more information go to www.miamiwatercolorsociety.org

The Hollywood Art Guild, Thursday, September 8, 7 PM to 9 PM
MEMBER ARTISTS . SHOW & TELL . INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS PRESENT RECENT WORK
Please bring 1 or 2 of your most recent artistic productions, present them

before the guild and offer brief comments about the work/works to share with members.
Meetings take place the second Thursday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at the

Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center at 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019

Guests welcome. For more info go to the guild website at www.hollywoodartguild.org

Palm Beach Watercolor Society
2011-2012 SEASON BEGINS IN OCTOBER.TBA IN NEXT MONTHS BULLETIN
Meetings take place on the second Thursday monthly from 6:30 PM to 9 PM at the Boca

Raton Community Center located at 150 Crawford Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL., 33486.

For more info go to the guild website at www.pbwatercolor.org

The Gold Coast Watercolor Society
2011-2012 SEASON BEGINS IN OCTOBER.TBA IN NEXT MONTHS BULLETIN.
Meetings take place on the third Tuesday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at

ArtServe located at 1350 East Sunrise Boulevard. Fort Lauderdale, FL33304

inside the Fort Lauderdale Library. Guests are welcome. Go to www.goldcoastwatercolorsociety.com

Our-Art-By-The-Sea.Meetings on the third Wednesdays monthly at Freudt Family

Fellowship Hall of the Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Community Church, 4433

Bougainvilla Drive, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308 www.ourartbythesea.org

Weston Art Guild, Monday, September 26, 7 PM to 9 PM
ARTIST.LIONEL SANCHEZ DEMO.WATERCOLOR ARTIST
www.lionelsanchezwatercolors.com
Meetings take place on the last Monday monthly from 7 PM to 9 PM at

Rick Case Hyundai (2nd floor) , 3550 Weston Road (at So. Post Road), Weston, FL 33337. Guests welcome.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elayna Toby Singer

Palm Beach County Art in Public Places

Ph (561) 233-0235, Fax (561) 233-0206

http://www.pbcgov.com/fdo/ART

2633 Vista Parkway, West Palm Beach, FL 33411

SeminArt: Public Art-Practice and Process with Lynn Basa

Time: Wednesday, September 21, 6:00-9:00pm

Location: LegalArt

1035 N Miami Ave Suite 200

Miami, FL

More Info:

Do you want a public art commission? Are you intimidated by the idea of public art?

Do you find it difficult to decide which public art projects are right for you?

This workshop is open to artists in any stage in their careers. For a fee of $20 ($10 for LegalArt members

http://www.legalartmiami.org/2011/08/26/seminart-public-art-practice-and-process-with-lynn-basa/

Lynn Basa
Basa Projects, LLC
2248 N. Campbell Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 289-3616
www.lynnbasa.com

www.guidetopublicart.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Go to Zapplication to apply for the famous:

South Miami Rotary Art Festival 2012

http://www.southmiamiartfest.org/festival_facts.html

We have made two major changes for our 28th festival.

We have registered with Zapplication to make it easier for you to apply

to all of your shows at once, and we have doubled our marketing efforts to attract buyers.

Downtown South Miami on Sunset Drive From US1 to Red Road (SW 57th Ave.)
Florida
South East Region
Application Deadline: 10/29/11
Show Dates: 2/25/12 - 2/26/12

http://www.zapplication.org/shows.phtml

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wellington Art Society Fall Fling - see attached for more information.

SUBMITTAL DEADLINE IS OCT. 8th, 2011.

QUESTIONS:

Charles Smith at (561) 603-9955

Suzanne Redmond at (561) 791-2194

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ART TAKES MIAMI

You're invited to Art Takes Miami, an all-medium-encompassing international search for

artistic talent that will present one visionary at one of the world's most important

events in contemporary art. This is your chance at over $25,000 in awards,

including a $10,000 grant and an exclusive feature booth at SCOPE Miami 2011.

Submit your artwork, proposals and/or works-in-progress by

This Friday September 9th 11:59pm EST to also be eligible for the $1,000 Early Entry Award

http://www.artistswanted.org/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALL FOR ARTISTS

OFF LAS OLAS ART FAIR

Saturday & Sunday OCTOBER 22 - 23, 2011

At the Historic Stranahan House Museum

10 am until 5 pm

This event will happen simultaneously during the Las Olas Art

Festival so it is a great day to come down and enjoy the Boulevard!

Now accepting applications for artists to participate!

For more information, please contact Marlene at 954.524.4736 or

educ...@stranahanhouse.org

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.artistamundo.com/

Sign up for marketing classes and fine art opportunities

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?

email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FOR ART RELATED VIDEOS - Whether it's instructional, humorous or inspirational,

you could win $1,000 and exposure on artistsnetwork.com!  For more information go to this link

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/action-art-competition?r=amombbnl090211&lid=amombbnl090211&et_mid=516620&rid=2752409

Extended Deadline: September 15, 2011

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

OPEN CALL TO ARTISTS

REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ):

Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Housing & Resource Center

Application Deadline: September 26, 2011

Project Budget: $60,000

OVERVIEW

The City of Baltimore, the Baltimore Public Art Commission, and the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts in collaboration with the Baltimore City Department of General Services is seeking to commission a professional artist or artist team to create artwork for permanent display as part of the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Housing & Resource Center. Click on the enclosed document for more information.

Marisol Lopez | Public Art Administrator | BALTIMORE OFFICE OF PROMOTION & THE ARTS | direct telephone: 443-263-4338 | main office telephone: 410-752-8632
| fax: 410-385-0361| Mlo...@PROMOTIONandARTS.com | 7 E. Redwood St., Suite 500 | Baltimore MD 21202 | www.PROMOTIONandARTS.com

The City of El Paso is seeking qualified artists for a new Fire Station #315

Deadline: September 16, 2011

Budget: $70,000 for design, fabrication and installation

Eligibility: This RFQ is open to artists residing within a 300 mile radius of the City of El Paso, Texas

Apply on CAFÉ: www.calforentry.org.

Patricia Dalbin

City of El Paso

Public Art Program Coordinator

dal...@elpasotexas.gov

(915)541-4894

Call for Art - "All Photography" Art Competition - Apply Now

Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery announces a Juried Competition with an "All Photography" theme for the Month of September 2011.

The theme for the September art competition is "All Photography" and the submission process and the deadline will end on September 28, 2011.

Apply Online at http://www.lightspacetime.com

www.lightspacetime.com

888-490-3530

The San José Public Art Program is seeking an artist or artist team to design, fabricate and install an artwork as part of the renovation and expansion of the San José Convention Center. This is an opportunity for a large-scale iconic artwork representing core San José values such as sustainability, communication and technological innovation.

Budget: $480,000

Submission Deadline: Tuesday October 4th, 2011

Installation: Spring 2013

For more information please download the full RFQ: San Jose Convention Center.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Submissions must be received as a complete application in CaFÉT by no later than 11:00 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, October 4, 2011.

APPLICATION PROCESS: All materials will be submitted online, via CaFÉT website (www.callforentry.org). There is no application fee to apply or to use the CaFÉT online application system. To view the application, go to www.callforentry.org, register a username and password, navigate to "Apply to Calls", and search the list for "San Jose Convention Center".

FOR QUESTIONS ON THIS RFQ: Please contact Mary Rubin via email at mary....@sanjoseca.gov if you have questions on the project opportunity.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Calls for outdoor shows around the US

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art by Cora Lee

Cascata winery plein air art retreat

Time: 1pm monday through noon friday mid may through mid october (see dates below)

Location: the professors' inn at cascata winery street:

3651 state route 14 city/town: watkins glen, finger lakes, new york state, usa
website phone: 607 857-5213

From may through mid-october , 2011

here is a list of specific dates:

September 19-23 open