HAC: Fw: Call to Artists List Lots of New Opportunities

Alberto Santaballa

Apr 4, 2011, 8:15:05 AM4/4/11
to homesteadartclub googlegroups.com

Feel free to pass this along to anyone interested.  There are opportunities for all levels of artists, indoor shows, outdoor shows, online shows, gallery opportunities....Workshops and MORE

Terry Arroyo Mulrooney MWS

Watercolorist

www.TerryMulrooneyStudios.com

 Here is the overview:

Florida Venues

Grove House Artists upcoming events and information about joining  NEW upcoming Shows

Printmaking Classes

Kosh list of call to artists

City of Pompano Beach Fine Arts Exhibition

Tom Rossetti Competition

Jaimie Cordero Workshops

Miami Watercolor Opportunities upcoming workshop

Art Serve events calendar

ArtShare LLC on Facebook
Amelia Island Workshops
Art Fusion Gallery competition
Plantation Art Guild Workshop
Tarpon Art Center Show

National Venues

Artist's Network  NEW Opportunities
Splash Magazine
Internet Opportunities
Call for Entries
Arts Festival Newsletter
Outdoor show listings
New National Art Competitions
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Florida Venues
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove Retrospective Gallery is now offering Workshop or Classroom space for rent to all Art related groups.

We are located in Coconut Grove at 2911 Grand Ave, in the Mayfair Center. This venue is approximately 900 sq. ft.

of air conditioned, well lighted space in the rear of our 6000 sq ft Art Gallery. We are currently working

on a rate schedule but invite all proposals.   Please contact Steven Steele at 305.742.7071 or acpo...@acposter.com

Steven Steele
AC Fine Art

" Buying & Selling Fine Art "

acfineartsite.com
2911 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL 33133
acpo...@acposter.com
305.742.7071

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plantation Art Guild

Hello Everyone,  our upcoming workshop artist Kathleen AlexanderShe is featured in  this months Daniel Smith catalog.

The workshop dates are May 4th thru the 6th, 2011. The cost is$325 for members and $$350 for non-members.

 (Plus you get a 10% discount if you attend more than one of PAG's workshops this year)

Karen Fletcher Braverman

KFB...@aol.com

954-473-0497

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://galeriejenner.com/lasolasphoto.html  Jeremiah Jenner Photo Contest

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grove House Artists upcoming shows  (more information on website)

www.grovehouseartists.net

Online forms available

GHA website www.grovehouseartists.net

Details and applications of these exhibitions on the Website

Intake Sat April 30  ALL BETS ARE OFF!

Intake Saturday May 28, WATERWORKS

Pleine Aire Event at the Deering Estate in April  Deadline coming soon

Cost: $20.00 for GHA Members

$30 for other artists.

Up to 2 pieces may be submitted. (size limitations)

Bring your form, fee & painting to the intake.

GroveHouse currently has limited space open for new members.  You can download the application from our website at

grovehouseartists.net or  stop by the gallery in the Shops at Mayfair and pick  up a hard copy.  Please send the

completed application packet to Isabelle "Izi" Schuette at the address below together with a small portfolio or CD (in jpeg format)

of samples of your work. Please include a one page biography and a check for $75 payable to GroveHouse Artists.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Izi. If send email  please use GroveHouse Artists as the subject.

Isabelle "Izi" Schuette

Membership Committee

2901 S. Bayshore Dr. #6C

Coconut Grove FL 33133

(305) 442-1706

cschue...@aol.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Fusion Galleries is proud to present our

First Annual International Fine Arts Competition:

http://artfusiongallery.com

Competition Submission Entries will be accepted

From August 21, 2010 until April 15, 2011

Winners will be announced June 1, 2011

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looking for a gallery?  Here is a gallery looking for people to show, groups or solo:

http://www.debraholt.com/

A-1 gallery exhibition space for lease 1000 to 3000 sq ft. No studio space, only exhibition space

at $15 to $20 at sq ft. Short or Long term. Great for groups, etc., or solo.  The space is in a commercial

building and is NOT affiliated with any gallery. Open gallery space with no gallery affiliation.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TRAC (Tarpon River Art Centre) call to Artists !!!

TRAC (Tarpon River Art Centre) is having an outside event on Saturday, April 16th from 12 pm to 4 pm.

                     Tarpon River Art Centre (TRAC)
                     614 SW Flagler Avenue
                     Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

We have room to include other artists at this event and this is an invitation to other artists to participate.
The fee is $25 payable at the event for space.  You must bring your own setup table and in case of rain we will move the event inside the building.
You can email larryjo...@hotmail.com for more information or call Larry Joe Miller at 954 257 6863.
Come on out for a great artistic day and "Welcome Spring"  with the Tarpon River artists.

Tarpon River Web site is:  www.tarponriverartcentre.com

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Printmaking Classes

Every Monday evening Fulwood Limited Edition Press holds an open studio for all artists interested

in fine art printmaking.  We believe Fulwood Press is the best equipped etching and monotype studio in the east.

Our Master Printmaker, Louis F. Dow, has over 25 years of experience making, repairing, printing

and marketing etchings, monotypes and monoprints, woodcuts and engravings. He also has long

experience teaching individually and group sessions and workshops in Florida, Indiana and California

and has printed and repaired plates by such masters as Dali, Picasso, Renoir and others.

Dow will help artists at all levels of printmaking experience. He will suggest, teach and

demonstrate techniques, give sensitive and helpful critiques and guide artists learning their way around our studio.

Monotype Monday begins at 6:00 p.m. and goes until the last artist leaves every Monday. The fee is

$25.00 which includes everything except paper and etching plates.

The studio is located at: 251 NW 23rd Street in Miami's Wynwood Arts District.

For more information either e-mail us at in...@FulwoodPress.com or call at: 818-305-4048.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Art Events in Broward County, Contact Kosh to be notified of her upcoming events

HEY...@aol.com  Parker Playhouse, Galleries, Libraries, Contests and much more!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

City of Pompano Beach Cultural Arts Committee

I would like to once again ask you to participate in displaying your works of art for FREE at one of our two community centers,

the E. Pat Larkins Center and the Herb Skolnick Center. You may display  up to two works at each center. We also encourage

each artist to submit a one page artist statement/resume along with a one page example of work to be included in our Artists

Book for patrons to view.

Delivery dates for the April exhibit are as follows:

Larkins Center 11:30am-12:30pm-  Tues April 5

Skolnick Center- 11:30am-12:30pm-  Mon April 11 (note this is the 2nd Monday of the month)

We ask all those looking to participate, to email at nick.la...@copbfl.com

Please include Artists name, phone #, address, and the names of your works.

Please copy the waiver of liability listed below when emailing your entries.

The deadline for submittal is the 23rd of each month.

 Nick Lazazzara

City of Pompano Beach

954-786-4590

 WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Must be signed to participate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rossetti Fine Art Gallery and Studios is calling for entries for its Juried Competition "Spectrum 2011",

Opening April 19 to May 19. This is an open theme/open media juried competition for all 2D and 3D works.

All artists are invited to enter paintings, drawings, sculpture, ceramics, photography, etc. to compete

for cash prizes. The awards reception will be held on Thursday April 21 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. This exhibit is open to the public.

Deadline April 15

For details:

http://tomrossetti.com/news.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Amelia Island Workshops.http://ameliasanjongallery.com/workshop/AIAW02-18-11.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Art Serve events calendar:  http://www.artscalendar.com/

go to      http://www.artserve.org/

Two Calls to artists on their site

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watercolor Workshop & Classes at Pinecrest Gardens

 Jaimie Cordero, fws, sdws, mws

 Aquarelle Studios & Galleries

 7125 SW 95th Street

Pinecrest, FL 33156-3036

(786) 303-5293

WDJa...@aol.com - email

www.AquarelleStudiosandGalleries.com -  also   (plein aire sketching classes) click on website for more information

You can register by calling the Community Center at (305) 284-0900.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Picasso to Bruce Nauman, Frida Kahlo to Jeff Wall, Giacometti to Alice Neel - the self has been

subject of endless exploration by the world's greatest artists, allowing the discovery (and re-discovery)

of artists' personal identities and artistic styles.  You are invited to join the Power of Self 2011,

a world-wide celebration of self portraiture awarding a Grand Prize package that includes

One Year of Your Life, Paid For. Imagine taking a year off to create more art,

travel the world or change your life in a way that only you can dream of.

For more information:

http://www.artistswanted.org/?f=mag1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miami Watercolor Society has many workshops, demos and exhibitions for watercolorists
go to our website for more information and membership application   http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/workshops.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Need name plates for yourself or your group?
email or call Gary Nelson

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Venues

Lancaster County Art Association National Juried Exhibition 2011: June 12-July 21.
Deadline: April 2, 2011
$3,000 in cash prizes.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania:
Juror: Anita Shapolsky.
One to three slides or jpegs.
For prospectus call: 717-687-7061 or online:
www.lcaaonline.org

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Texas Spirit Art Competition, July 2, 2011.

Digital and email deadline: April 4, 2011
Awards: $5350.00; Best of Show: $3000.00
Juror: John Hanna. All artists in oil, water media, acrylic, pastel, graphic drawing, and sculpture.
For prospectus, send SASE to Old Post Office Museum and Art Center ATTN: OPOMAC, P.O. Box 1111, Graham, Texas 76450.

Download from
www.opomac.com or call 940-549-1470.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Deadline: April 16, 2011
PHOENIX GALLERY 2011 NATIONAL JURIED COMPETITION
Juror: RENEE VARA, VARA FINE ARTS.
ALL MEDIA
AWARD: SOLO & GROUP SHOW from
JUNE 22 - JULY 16, 2010
Prospectus: Send SASE Phoenix Gallery
210 Eleventh Ave., 902
NY, NY 10001 or online

www.phoenix-gallery.com  in...@phoenix-gallery.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special listing of competitions:

 http://view.artists-hub.com/?j=fefb1577706700&m=fe9a15707463077574&ls=fe581075776600757c11&l=ff3416707060&s=fe9216777066007d7c&jb=ffcf14&ju=fec6167775630078&r=0

http://www.juriedartservices.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

International Artist Magazine Art Competitions

YOU CAN ENTER ANY OF OUR ART COMPETITIONS
WHEREVER YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD

https://www.international-artist.com/competition/index.aspx?location=us

Another link to National Calls:

New opportunities are listed on CaFET, and many application deadlines are approaching.

See what new opportunities you can apply to below.

You can login to CaFE here or go to www.callforentry.org to apply  to one of these

opportunities. You may view these or more opportunities anytime by going to CaFE Listings.

https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes

https://www.callforentry.org/index.php

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Quarterly Newsletter of the Art Festival Industry

News, Trends, Developments, Resources and Advice
for Art Festival Artists and link to Art festivals around the US

www.theartfestivalnewsletter.com

http://www.art-linx.com/Art-Linx/Home.html   Call for outdoor shows around the US

Artist Magazine

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/annualcompetition/?et_mid=81357&rid=2752409