mlActMan instead of mlActAuto in hmrR_MotionArtifactByChannel?

Sabrina Brigadoi

Nov 6, 2020, 1:16:55 PM11/6/20
to homer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there seems to be a problem with the hmrR_MotionArtifactByChannel function (and also the hmrR_MotionArtifact one): it does not consider mlActAuto but only mlActMan, which means that it will run also on channels what were pruned by the enPruneChannel function, screwing up the results. Was this done on purpose?

I tried to change the input variable name to the function to have a quick fix, but it doesn't work, there is probably something else that has to be modified as well?

Thanks,
Sabrina

Stephen Tucker

Nov 6, 2020, 4:39:32 PM11/6/20
to homer...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can tell the excluded channels should be the OR of mlActAuto and mlActMan, and this is a mistake. I will work on a fix to the functions.

Stephen

Stephen Tucker

Nov 6, 2020, 6:39:41 PM11/6/20
to Homer-fNIRS and AtlasViewer Community
Correcting myself-- it is logical-and, not logical-or. A fix should be available soon.

Stephen Tucker

Nov 17, 2020, 4:54:03 PM11/17/20
to homer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sabrina,

The latest version of Homer has implemented a fix for this issue.

Please let me know if the functions now behave how you would expect.

Best,

Stephen

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Homer-fNIRS and AtlasViewer Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/homer-fnirs/bccf5aed-9b71-4c8b-9098-b419c346ea4an%40googlegroups.com.

Adam Andersen

Nov 18, 2020, 4:40:20 AM11/18/20
to homer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

I'm getting this error message with the latest version of Homer, which I didn't before:

Brace indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in hmrR_MotionArtifactByChannel (line 100)
    if isempty(tIncMan{iBlk})

Kind regards,
Adam

Stephen Tucker

Nov 18, 2020, 9:39:43 AM11/18/20
to homer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

Try deleting the generated .mat files and creating a new processing stream. Some used functions have changed.

Best,

Stephen