Avoiding duplicate packets

Matthew Harrold

Jan 14, 2015, 8:12:48 AM1/14/15
to homer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All, I'm currently using the SIP Capture node on two Asterisk servers. The issue is, I see duplicate packets on SIP sent between the two servers.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Alexandr Dubovikov

Jan 14, 2015, 8:15:28 AM1/14/15
to homer-...@googlegroups.com
yes, "uniq packets" should be selected.

Inline images 1

Matthew Harrold

Jan 14, 2015, 8:20:03 AM1/14/15
to homer-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, sorry I didn't spot the rather obvious check box....

Thanks again for your support.

Daniel Greenwald

Oct 21, 2016, 3:57:32 PM10/21/16
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere:

Is this option to de-duplicate packets available in Homer 5? I am not seeing this check box...

Paolo Visintin

Oct 22, 2016, 4:39:58 AM10/22/16
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
I used nginx for balancing first packet to homer, second to null

Alexandr Dubovikov

Oct 22, 2016, 8:44:06 AM10/22/16
to homer-...@googlegroups.com

You have to edit a form and add the option and after save dashboard

Yan McCabe-Costa

Apr 9, 2020, 10:11:57 AM4/9/20
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
Apologies for reviving an ancient thread, but there's seems to be a distinct lack of this sort of information in any documentation.

Is this something that can also be applied to HOMER 7?

If I've overlooked something, please feel free to point me to an authoritative, complete source of documented options and I'll go from there :)

Thanks

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 8:12:48 AM UTC-5, Matthew Harrold wrote:
Hi All, I'm currently using the SIP Capture node on two Asterisk servers. The issue is, I see duplicate packets on SIP sent between the two servers.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Idan Amar

Jun 1, 2023, 6:42:16 AM6/1/23
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
@Yan McCabe-Costa

Have you found it? im looking for the same solution as well.

Michele Campus

Jun 1, 2023, 9:09:42 AM6/1/23
to homer-...@googlegroups.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/homer-discuss/8f07fce5-f0d9-4bfc-b99c-afc54abd5b8bn%40googlegroups.com.

--
Michele Campus
DevOPS Team Lead

QXIP BV - Capture Engineering
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.

Idan Amar

Jun 4, 2023, 3:54:36 AM6/4/23
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
@mca...@qxip.net

Thank you it worked as expected.

But not for the following scenario -  I have a sip gateway after my FS but the gateways sits behind a NAT IP. So in homer at the call flow i see the NAT ip of the sip gateway and the private one. (FS -> NAT IP -> SIP GATEWAY IP)

How can i discard the NAT IP?

the agent on the FS is a HEP collector that collect HEP from the Native agent at FS. As i understand HEP collector cannot ignore packets by destination IPs.

So what would be the best way to approach this? thank you.

VoIP Inatelso

Oct 15, 2023, 9:21:49 AM10/15/23
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
Hi,

I applied 'Dedup=true', but the Homer continues showing two, three or four same packets of one call (INVITE, 200 OK, BYE, etc.).

Maybe, it's necessary to put '-dd' to finally: ./heplify -hs x.x.x.x:9061 -e -nt tcp -dd

Is it correct?

Regards,
Mauro
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

KNERD UNO

Mar 22, 2024, 5:12:34 AMMar 22
to homer-...@googlegroups.com
I tend to find documentation from those who make the projects very lacking.

Here is what you are looking for using Asterisk

Right there with capture_id

Though it's not clear if it integer only, or alphanumeric could be used.  I never tried.

Alexandr Dubovikov

Mar 22, 2024, 5:14:42 AMMar 22
to homer-...@googlegroups.com
You have to use UINT32 value

Regards,
Alexandr

Message has been deleted

Mounjaro for sale online

May 12, 2024, 12:52:03 AMMay 12
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
Synthetic Cannabinoids, Butinaca, 5F ADB, 5CLADBA, 6CLADBA, JWH 018,APVP,COCOAINE, MDMA. VISIT WEBSITE WWW.CHEMNIAC.COM FOR MORE DETAILS. WhatsAp +15133346782

Buy 5CL-ADB-A powder online

Telegr@m: https://t.me/syntheticbutinaca
Telegr@m chat @synthetic_butinaca

https://chemniac.com/product/buy-5cl-adb-a-powder-online/

Mounjaro for sale online

May 12, 2024, 6:13:38 PMMay 12
to Homer Capture Server. sipcapture.org
#MDMA #3MMC #Ecstacy #JWH #Alprazolam #4mmc #cocaine #eutylone #5cladba #butinaca ADB #6cladba #ketamine #k2sheets #k2spicespraywalmart #k2prisonsheets #cannabis #cannabinoids #benzos #etizolam #fentanyl @synthetic_butinaca
WhatsAp +15133346782