RS485

Timo Sariwating

Dec 15, 2011, 8:29:15 AM12/15/11
to HomeNet
Hi everyone,

I love Arduino and Jeenode but I'm working on a system that uses
RS485. (MAX485 ICs)
Now i'm using a simple protocol I put together myself for the time
being.

I want to switch to HomeNet for the protocol and I'm wondering about
the current status:
- Is the HomeNet TCP under active development at the moment
- Is there already a RS485 implementation for HomeNet that's not
published yet.

Cheers,

Timo

Matthew Doll

Dec 15, 2011, 8:47:41 AM12/15/11
to home...@googlegroups.com
485 Support: Not Yet
Under Active Development: Sort of

I haven't worked on the Arduino Code in a while. I've been focusing on
getting the website updated with Permissions, writting unit test so I
can do automated testing and redoing how data is logged so it will
better scale. I plan on having a working demo visible on the site by
January. I will fix any issues with Arduino 1.0 around then.

I'm aiming for public availability by March 2011, where others can give
it try.

-Matthew