Sample nginx config?

Thing12

Apr 25, 2011, 11:28:52 AM4/25/11
to Home Media Server
The docs are a little sparse, wondering if you have a sample
configuration for nginx? (or any other web server...)

Brian C. Lane

Apr 25, 2011, 12:20:19 PM4/25/11
to home...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 08:28:52AM -0700, Thing12 wrote:
> The docs are a little sparse, wondering if you have a sample
> configuration for nginx? (or any other web server...)
>
> --
> http://github.com/bcl/HMS

It is deceptively simple. Just turn on directory listings.

Brian

--
---[Office 75.7F]--[Outside 45.3F]--[Server 87.1F]--[Coaster 70.9F]---
Software, Linux, Microcontrollers http://www.brianlane.com

thing12

Apr 25, 2011, 5:36:12 PM4/25/11
to Home Media Server
Hrm... did that without luck. I must be missing something with the
expected directory structure. Are there any conventions in the naming
of files and directories that I should stick to?

On Apr 25, 11:20 am, "Brian C. Lane" <b...@brianlane.com> wrote:Hrm...
did that without luck. I must be missing something with the expected
directory structure.
>  application_pgp-signature_part
> < 1KViewDownload

Scott Merrill

Oct 21, 2012, 1:40:48 PM10/21/12
to home...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, April 25, 2011 5:36:12 PM UTC-4, thing12 wrote:
Hrm... did that without luck. I must be missing something with the
expected directory structure. Are there any conventions in the naming
of files and directories that I should stick to?

I'm seeing the same thing with nginx.  The nginx autoindex module produces a very different directory listing than Apache.

Whereas Apache creates a valid HTML table, nginx sticks all the directory links inside a <pre></pre> block. I suspect -- though haven't really tested -- that this is causing the Roku XML parser to fall apart.

In my instance, it looks like it'll be easier to install and configure Apache than look for a better long-term solution for nginx. :(

Cheers,
Scott
Message has been deleted