Energy efficiency and monitoring

Robert Rundle

Dec 17, 2012, 8:19:17 AM12/17/12
to home...@googlegroups.com
I have recently moved into a new build home and whilst i am intending on a lot of automation, I am also interested in making real world savings.

My first thought was on electricity consumption, where most of the focus seems to be. However a few calculations show it may not be the most effective place for savings. So the second target has to be heating and gas use.

Can anybody make any suggestions about effective monitoring of heating effectiveness in the house, along with hot water. Thoughts would be greatfully discussed.

Thanks

Rob