Replacement for X10?

Nicholas Humfrey

Nov 18, 2013, 4:49:47 PM11/18/13
to home...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Several of my X10 modules have stopped working. Some of them have started having interference problems (I think), a couple of the Marmitek DIN modules have some kind of electronic problem. And my cat snapped off the RF aerial of my USB controller!

It is time to move on but what is the best alternative?

- LightwaveRF
Home Easy
Z-Wave
- Rako
- Bye Bye Standby
- Insteon

Ideally it would be something affordable, easily available in the UK and controllable from Linux...

nick.

ps. Is there a better place to ask questions like this?

mikethebee

Nov 19, 2013, 4:20:06 AM11/19/13
to home...@googlegroups.com
I am mostly posting over at https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/reading-hackspace and on G+ where I have circles of those interested in HomeCamp topics, including yourself. James didn't want the HomeCamp brand to be Open, so I am just leaving this ggroup for archive reference.

I will reply on G+.

-Mike

Mark McCall

Nov 19, 2013, 6:09:26 AM11/19/13
to home...@googlegroups.com
Nick

A few of our links for you below. Contact me off list if you want any more.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/home-automation-technology-choices

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/lightwaverf-home-automation-system-in-depth-review.html

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/homeeasy-wireless-home-automation-review.html

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/category/zwave