Nanode has been Nominated for an Award - and needs your support

Ken Boak

Dec 10, 2011, 11:55:55 AM12/10/11
to Andrew Back, Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino, amx109, Jack Kelly (aka Daniel), John Archibald, Adrian Godwin, Amin Zayani, Thomas Amberg, Bear Kaufmann, Nick Boyle, Ben Scroggs, Bill Roy, Eddie Bimmel, Marcel van der Bilt, Simon Buckley, Jay Canham, Catherine Flick, Roisin Callaghan, Cath Richardson, Emilfe Salinas / CEL, Ciemon Dunville, br...@brendandawes.com, brian condon, Greta Corke, nigel @ chutedesign. co. uk, Paul Compton, Martin Dix ~ Current Cost, David Cousins, Chris Dalby, daniel sikar, David Rowe, Simon Daniel, energy-design, James Devine, Dieuwert-Jebbe van Leest, Dirk van Oosterbosch, Dirk-Willem van Gulik, Douwe Bart Mulder, Elliot West, Frank Oxener, James Governor, Richard Howells, homecamp, Julia Hasty, marcel-herwijnen, Luke Hopkins, ian, ivan, Ian Chilton, Jason Moore, Karl Pielorz, Steven Kelly, Li Long, Christian Nold, Oleg Lavrovsky, Steve Smith, Paul Downey, Chiang Aron, SUKKIN PANG, Paulo Ricca, Robert Blaser, Robert, Paul Tanner, Toby, Evan Tuer, Suneil Tagore, Usman Haque, Rolf Uhle, matthew venn, Koen De Voegt, Chris van den Hooven, Elena Williams, xinch...@googlegroups.com, do...@x-parts.nl, Yoav Palatnik, Eva Yuen, Yvan Seth, michiel zwetsloot
Some of you will remember how about 8 months ago I had a daft idea to make some open source hardware - that would be cool for hackspaces to hack.

Well, yesterday I found out that Nanode has been nominated an award for the Best Internet of Things Open Source Project 2011.

From it's humble beginnings at London Hackspace, Nanode has come a long way - with over 1600 of the original units sold and branching out into two new complimentary new boards with low power wireless fitted.

First we have Nanode RF  with realtime clock and a micro SD card holder for datalogging.

Secondly is our Standalone Node - WiNode, also with a RTC and a high power H bridge IC for driving 2 dc motors or relays.

Both come in kit form - but we also have some pre-assembled Nanode RF units for those who would prefer not to solder.

We also have a very low cost programming cable - just £5 ( 6 euros,  $8) - customised with Nanode - to replace the over priced FTDI cable.

Here's an opportunity for Nanode users to support their home-grown product - and help vote for it in this weeks Award

http://postscapes.com/best-iot-open-source-project-2011

We have a new website and online store underway - but for the moment http://nanode.eu/ has the recent details - or you can find them on my blog:

More details here of the products.

http://sustburbia.blogspot.com/2011/12/building-blocks-for-internet-of-things.html

You can now contact us at our new email address  nanode...@gmail.com

Thanks for your appreciation - and Happy Christmas

Ken Boak - and everyone on the Nanode Team

Ken Boak

Dec 10, 2011, 6:10:09 PM12/10/11
[...]
Well,

It was inevitable.

We have been outgunned by the mighty Arduino and their 500,000+ community.

It was a very close thing, until an hour ago, when Massimo Banzi (founder of Arduino) tweeted his 3688 followers to vote for Arduino - and the whole thing has gone viral.

Thanks for your support - we have done in 8 months what Arduinio took 5 years to achieve.

Appealing to friends, families and holders of a large number of IP addresses  ;-)

 - Nanode needs you to vote lots.

http://postscapes.com/best-iot-open-source-project-2011

Ken
- and everyone on the Nanode Team

mikethebee

Dec 12, 2011, 9:00:18 AM12/12/11
to homecamp
Doing my bit, 50 votes gained, via my G+ followers this morning
maybe :)

Mike