Nanode Weekend - Applications

Ken Boak

Aug 2, 2011, 9:17:28 AM8/2/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, notti...@googlegroups.com, nanode...@googlegroups.com, Mike Pountney, home...@googlegroups.com
A reminder that this coming weekend August 6th/7th is our free Nanode Applications weekend workshop.

If you haven't heard of Nanode yet here's all you need to know - http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:Nanode

If you have a Nanode, or even if you don't, come along and learn about Nanode Applications.  Nanode kits will be available to purchase at the event.

On Saturday we have a guest presentation by Usman Haque, founder of Pachube, and also Trystan Lea and Glyn Hudson who will show you how to build an open source, web connected energy monitor.

It's held at the Centre for Creative Collaborations (C4CC) at 16 Actor St - just around the block from Kings Cross / St Pancras.

All of the details are here on Eventbrite  http://www.eventbrite.com/org/1312947747

There will be plenty of hacking, and a chance to win a free Nanode, as a prize for the best Nanode hack.  It might even be one of the very rare Red Nanodes http://twitpic.com/5zg6pt

If you can't make this weekend - catch up with Nanode at Oggcamp on 13th/14th  http://oggcamp.org/  and Brighton Mini Maker Faire on September 3rd.

Ken

Andy Stanford-Clark

Aug 12, 2011, 2:12:30 PM8/12/11
to home...@googlegroups.com
Exciting news today about MQTT, for those of us who know and love it...

At long last, after saying "we really should make this a proper standard" about 10 years ago, I'm delighted that today the MQTT specification is being put forward for formal standardisation.

There's an article and the official announcement from IBM and Eurotech, who are leading the effort, about this on http://mqtt.org.

http://mqtt.org/2011/08/open-invitation-to-join-the-mqtt-standardization-discussion

For those of you who don't know what MQTT is yet, http://mqtt.org has a good introduction.

Andy S-C

elyob

Aug 12, 2011, 2:30:14 PM8/12/11
to home...@googlegroups.com
Excellent news! I am sure a lot of people will be interested in at oggcamp..

yellowpark

Aug 12, 2011, 3:14:48 PM8/12/11
to homecamp
Not to mention MQTT being used by the new Facebook Messenger. w00t!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/building-facebook-messenger/10150259350998920

mikethebee

Aug 19, 2011, 10:34:00 AM8/19/11
to homecamp
For those who haven't spotted it, post OGGCamp coverage is linked at
http://lanyrd.com/2011/oggcamp/