Re: Crowdfunding sustainble energy projects

Paul Tanner

Nov 9, 2011, 11:19:25 AM11/9/11
to Knowles, Hugh, Home...@googlegroups.com, Ed Borden
Good to hear Hugh - and congrats on first closure ;-)

Yes, heard about peoplefundit.  Nice to have another that's UK-based one and now I know who's behind it.
I'll review my own list and am copying this to homecamp.
One area I was conversing about earlier was apps for Pachube, e.g. to replace the now defunct powermeter and @home.
There's always the "socialmeter" which never got past the rough prototype stage.

Regards, Paul

At 01:35 PM 11/9/2011, Hugh wrote:

Been a while since the Gatecrashing project. Hope you are all well. We have been working with Keo Digital (Landshare, River Cottage etc) to launch a crowdfunding platform for sustainability projects and experiments - www.peoplefund.it. We launched last week and had about 10 projects for kick-off. One of them managed raise target of £40k in just six days.  Please back a project or two if you can e.g. http://www.peoplefund.it/moneygrower/

We really want some more technology based projects especially around energy. I thought you guys might well know of some and could perhaps pass around the Homecamp team etc. So if you or your contacts have a project or widget that you want to get off the ground then please let me know.

Paul Tanner - Virtual Technologies - http://www.virtual-techno.com
Tel: +44 1494 581979 Mob: +44 7973 223239 mailto:pa...@virtual-techno.com