Any code I could take a look at?

readnicholas

Jun 23, 2016, 4:50:49 AM6/23/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit as I've not had much time to participate.

However I thought I'd offer my services as I am a programmer with a lot of web experience. Is there anything I could take a look at or improve?

Cheers,
Nick

LotBlind

Jun 24, 2016, 4:13:16 AM6/24/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Hey there Nick!

IMO the coolest thing HotU could have right now is links to respective pages on GOG/Steam and Archive.org for games that have them. Mostly the last one is likely. For that I suppose one would have to ask them for a list of all their titles in a format that can be used for automated checks for matches on our page. I'm imagining they'll be happy to provide seeing as it only increases their popularity. We might miss a few (alternative titles etc.) but it's close enough.

Let's wait a few days in case Archibald wants to give his opinion. And passwords and stuff.

-LotBlind

Archibald

Jun 30, 2016, 6:41:22 AM6/30/16
to Home of the Underdogs
At the moment we need editors. To cleanup existing entries, help with new games, etc. If you (or anyone) is interested please drop a line to LotBlind.

LotBlind

Jun 30, 2016, 1:26:47 PM6/30/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Well I mean we won't say no even if you're just into coding...

readnicholas

Aug 25, 2016, 7:58:08 AM8/25/16
to Home of the Underdogs
I think adding some things like 'slugs' to urls for SEO would be rad.

Also I'm just interested in the architecture and how it's built, maybe add some improvements.

Is the code hosted on github?