Gamebooks links don't seems to work.

Ricky Soh

Jun 18, 2016, 10:34:33 AM6/18/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Hi, all the old gamebooks links at: "http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/gamebook.php" don't seems to work. Have they been replaced with another page that I am unaware of? Also, is this page: "http://annarchive.com/hotu_gamebooks.html" legitimate? Looking forward to a reply. Thanks in advanced!

LotBlind

Jun 20, 2016, 10:53:31 AM6/20/16
to Home of the Underdogs
For multiple reasons (legal concerns, bandwidth), HotU in its current state hosts almost no games, or indeed those game books. I can't personally tell you if there's a story to their disappearance that's not the same as for everything else.

That site looks like all it does is host those books (along with lots of other endangered content) without even hiding where they're from. HotU (basically Archibald and me) most certainly has no reason to be upset.

Archibald

Oct 20, 2018, 3:57:16 AM10/20/18
to Home of the Underdogs
To my knowledge those Gamebooks (or at least some/most of them) are no longer abandonware that's why they won't be coming back and you can't find them on internet archive site.