Feature request: fully operational "multiplayer type" property

Anton Shepelev

Aug 31, 2016, 12:38:04 PM8/31/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Hello, all

Thank you very much for keeping HOTU afloat. I should like to request a feature of the original incarnation which I sorely miss: display of the "multiplayer" column in the game list and searching/filtering by it.
You still have it described here:

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/multi.php

but I don't think the site allows one to search or sort games based on this criterium, which is a shame because multiplayer type is often a major consideration, e.g. when picking a game for a birthday party, or for playing with a friend or friends over e-mail. It would be perfect if the maximum number of players were also provided and searchable and/or filterable.

If memory serves me right, the original site had a dedicated page with a list of multiplayer games.

LotBlind

Sep 4, 2016, 3:33:12 PM9/4/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Hi Anton!

I don't think HOTU ever had the feature of searching based on how many players can actually join a multiplayer game, but in any case I'll add that (and restoring any old functionalities related to multiplayer) on the internal IFFs board.

-LotBlind

(PS: It's great to hear someone is using the database to find party games! I hope you can chance upon something just guessing based on titles for now...)

Anton Shepelev

Sep 4, 2016, 6:15:49 PM9/4/16
to Home of the Underdogs
Thank you, LotBlind.  I should appreciate if you would at least restore the "Multiplayer games" section
from the original website:

LotBlind

Sep 15, 2016, 4:03:51 PM9/15/16
to Home of the Underdogs
This isn't much, but in case you didn't know about this little collection of multiplayer-only games, it's there!