bocce afficionados enjoy their beans and rice...

Patrick Dail

Mar 4, 2011, 11:35:15 PM3/4/11
to holyrollers google group yes sir
and it just so happens that the Brooklyn community will have the opportunity to feast on beans and rice, as well as roast pork and chicken, flan and salad, this Sunday, March 6th, immediately following the service at First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn.

FPC's Cuban Ministry supports a Senior Meals program through money raised during our quarterly Cuba dinners in the church hall, all the proceeds cover the cost of offering meals twice weekly in the La Fernanda suburb of Havana.  The "social security" safety net for seniors in Cuba is quite thin, and as a result those seniors who do not live with children or other family members who can support them have a rather rough time making their rations extend to the end of the month.

FPC's quarterly chicken and pork dinners raise approx $2k annually, which has allowed the La Fernanda Reformed Presbyterian Church to host 15-20 neighborhood seniors for lunch twice weekly over the last few years.

Please come by the church hall this Sunday after service, contributions to the fund are whatever you can afford to donate.

XO -
--
L. Patrick Dail, MBA, CPP

Mary Beth Bray

Mar 6, 2011, 1:35:51 PM3/6/11
to holyroll...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,
Sorry we missed the Cuba lunch but we are looking forward to tonight.

See you then!

Mary Beth Bray

Mar 6, 2011, 1:37:25 PM3/6/11
to holyroll...@googlegroups.com, holyroll...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the last email, I sent it by mistake!