[HolyRollers-FPCB] Game summary

Matthew Sandiford

Apr 26, 2010, 12:08:55 PM4/26/10
to holyroll...@googlegroups.com
"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Luke 6:29-31

Luke's telling of one of one Jesus's most famous teachings is a powerful reminder of His selflessness and love for humanity. It is also a daunting challenge for us to meet in our attempts to love each other as He loves us.

It is not, however, the best advice for a bocce team about to begin a must-win game.  In allowing our opponents* to play with only three players we showed a tiny bit of compassion for their plight.  They then returned the favor by beating us 7-2, 7-6.  Thanks again to Patrick, the twins, Kate and Katy for a game well played.

-Matthew

PS - on the positive side I saw advertising for the team adhering to a mailbox on Broadway yesterday - good job whomever's behind it.

Street team photo.jpg