Passages from Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play! 24-October-2021 - 311

Satwik Joglekar

Oct 23, 2021, 10:51:17 PM10/23/21
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
05 20211024 Maa n Radhu.jpg

24-October-2021

Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play! 311

Passages from “Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play” : 313

By Swami Chetanananda

Vedanta Society of St Louis

CHAPTER 19

RADHU – 20

With Holy Mother in Koalpara – 07

The Mother knew that her life was coming to an end, so she began to work quickly to finish her mission. She had taken responsibility for Radhu after her birth and now she decided to complete her duty towards her niece. Despite all of Radhu’s shortcomings, the all-forgiving Mother tried to protect her spiritual life by giving her initiation. Later Radhu told Kamala Ghosh, wife of Bibhuti Ghosh of Bankura: “I never said anything about initiation to the Mother. One day during worship the Mother was seated on the asana and suddenly she called me, ‘Radhi, come here.’ When I went, she said: ‘Sprinkle Ganges water on your body. Take an asana and sit near me.’ Then she gave me a mantra. She then bowed down and said addressing the Master: ‘I have done enough. Now you please look after her.’ Sister, I could not understand what the Mother was talking about. But after that initiation, my health greatly improved.”37 [37 Pravrajika Vedantaprana, ed. Janmajanmantarer Ma, (Sarada Math: Dakshineswar, 2003), 317]

Afterwards Radhu said to Brahmachari Akshaychaitanya: “I knew the Mother as my aunt. Did I know that she was not human but a goddess?”—saying this Radhu fell down unconscious.38 [38 Pravrajika Vedantaprana, ed. Janmajanmantarer Ma, (Sarada Math: Dakshineswar, 2003), 317]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj