Passages from Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play! 23-January-2021 - 320

Satwik Joglekar

Jan 22, 2022, 9:50:36 PM1/22/22
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
053.jpg

23-January-2022

Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play! 320

Passages from “Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play”: p 322

By Swami Chetanananda

Vedanta Society of St Louis

CHAPTER 20

Holy Mother in the Midst of Her Family – 09

Worldly but Blessed Brothers – 05

When Holy Mother was not in Jayrambati, her brothers would write to her about their woes and wants. Her disciples read those letters to her and she dictated answers. Once a disciple said to her: “Mother, please give them plenty of money and pray to the Master about it. Let them have their enjoyment to their hearts’ content. Afterward they will develop dispassion.”

Holy Mother replied: “Will they ever have dispassion? They will never be satisfied. Do worldly people ever feel satisfied? My brothers only tell me their woes. Kali always demands money. Prasanna is now imitating him. Only Barada hardly makes any demands. He says, ‘Where will sister get money?’”

On another occasion she remarked about her brothers: “Their sole thought is money. They only demand, ‘Give us money, give us money.’ Not even absent-mindedly have they ever asked for knowledge and devotion. All right, let them have what they want.”9 [9 Swami Nikhilananda, Holy Mother, Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Centre: New York, 1962, p. 120]

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj