Happy Guru Purnima

Satwik Joglekar

Jul 23, 2021, 11:21:14 PM7/23/21
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
Guru Purnima.jpg

Anyone and everyone cannot be a guru. A huge timber floats on the water and can carry animals as well. But a piece of worthless wood sinks, if a man sits on it, and drowns him. Therefore in every age God incarnates Himself as the guru, to teach humanity.

Satchidananda alone is the Guru. If a man in the form of a guru awakens spiritual consciousness in you, then know for certain that it is God the Absolute who has assumed that human form for your sake. The guru is like a companion who leads you by the hand. After the realization of God, one loses the distinction between the guru and the disciple. 'That creates a very difficult situation; there the guru and the disciple do not see each other.'
Sri Ramakrishna (Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.: 217)

Power passes through the Mantra-the Guru's goes to the disciple and the disciple's comes to the Guru. That is why the Guru at the time of initiation takes on himself the sins of the disciple and suffers so much from physical maladies. It is extremely difficult to be a Guru, for he has to take the responsibilities for the disciple's sins. If the disciple commits a sin, that affects the Guru too. On the other hand, the Guru is benefited if the disciple is good. Some disciples make quick progress, and some do it slowly. It depends on the tendencies of the mind acquired by one's past deeds.
Shree Maa... (Gospel of The Holy Mother p.: 156)

Every soul is destined to be perfect, and every being, in the end, will attain the state of perfection. Whatever we are now is the result of our acts and thoughts in the past; and whatever we shall be in the future will be the result of what we think end do now. But this, the shaping of our own destinies, does not preclude our receiving help from outside; nay, in the vast majority of cases such help is absolutely necessary. When it comes, the higher powers and possibilities of the soul are quickened, spiritual life is awakened, growth is animated, and man becomes holy and perfect in the end. This quickening impulse cannot be derived from books. The soul can only receive impulses from another soul, and from nothing else. ... The person from whose soul such impulse comes is called the Guru — the teacher; and the person to whose soul the impulse is conveyed is called the Shishya — the student. To convey such an impulse to any soul, in the first place, the soul from which it proceeds must possess the power of transmitting it, as it were, to another; and in the second place, the soul to which it is transmitted must be fit to receive it.
Swami Vivekananda (CW Vol. 3 p. 45)

Never look for a Guru, don’t wait for a Guru, when we are ready, from the other end of the world the Guru has to come! If we are not ready, even if the greatest Guru comes, we will not have the feeling to be blessed by that person. So, in spiritual life, the first thing to do is to prepare ourselves. And the Guru is necessary.... Sometimes we feel we are sinking but some power will be holding us from behind and this is what I say the “palm of God”. We will fall down always in the palm of God, remember! And that is the great benefit that we can get by getting hold of a Guru and by getting the blessing of God through the Guru.
Pravrajika Ajayaprana Mataji - from the talk Guru and Disciple

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj