Pearls of Wisdom - 08 August

Satwik Joglekar

Aug 7, 2022, 10:35:40 PM8/7/22
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
20220808 08 August.jpg

Pearls of Wisdom

The Restless Mind – 28

In the second chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, in Sankhya Yoga, we see Sri Krishna giving Arjuna the greatest and the highest teaching about the Atman. He tells Arjuna in the battlefield, ‘You can neither kill them, nor will you be killed.’ In that depressed state, Arjuna was being given this teaching. knowing fully well that he had to be shaken out of the pall of despondency that had clouded his understanding. It had to be torn off. Arjuna was so powerful that any lower type of teaching would not do. He had to be given the greatest teaching to grapple with, only then would he accept the challenge. He did just that.

From – Vedanta in Practice – Spiritual Unfoldment, Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Thiruvananthapuram, 2022 – p. 27

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj