Pearls of Wisdom - 06 August

Satwik Joglekar

Aug 5, 2022, 10:36:40 PM8/5/22
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
20220806 06 August.jpg

Pearls of Wisdom

The Restless Mind – 26

Though Arjuna was in a state of depression, Sri Krishna knew that if he shook him a little, he would be able to handle it. The surprising thing in the whole episode is that Arjuna was depressed. He said that he had flu, he uses the word Jwara. His entire body was shaking. These are the signs when we get flu. Sri Krishna just listened to him. He did not pat him on his back, nor did he give him a lecture. Sri Krishna just used two words to shake him out of depression: अनार्य anāryam and अकीर्तिकर akirtikaram.

From – Vedanta in Practice – Spiritual Unfoldment, Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Thiruvananthapuram, 2022 – p. 26

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj