Pearls of Wisdom - 09 August

Satwik Joglekar

Aug 8, 2022, 10:35:56 PM8/8/22
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
20220809 09 August.jpg

Pearls of Wisdom

The Restless Mind – 29

Sri Krishna leads Arjuna step by step from the pinnacle of the highest philosophy to devotion in the twelfth chapter. Sri Krishna skillfully manipulates Arjuna’s thinking till all the knots are slowly removed and then finally towards the end says, विमृश्यैतदशेषेण यथेच्छसि तथा कुरु | Vimrushyaitad asesena yathecchasi tathā kuru (Bhagavad Gita XVIII. 63)

Leaving no trace of it untouched, entirely analyse, examine, study and then do as you like.

Then Arjuna says, करिष्ये वचनं तव Karişye vacanam tava (Bhagavad Gita XVIII. 73) – ‘I will do what you have asked me to do.’

From – Vedanta in Practice – Spiritual Unfoldment, Ramakrishna Sarada Mission, Thiruvananthapuram, 2022 – p. 27

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj