Pearls of Wisdom - 26 July

1 view

Satwik Joglekar

Jul 25, 2021, 10:36:06 PM7/25/21
to holy_t...@googlegroups.com
0726.jpg
Pearls of Wisdom
26-JULY
Obstacles in Spiritual Life – 11

Adibhautikam is misery caused by other living beings, such as our own relatives, our own children, husband or wife or parents, our own people, our own family. Once when I went to Melbourne, a lady came to see me and said, ‘Mataji, before you leave will you please visit my house. It is closed by.’ It was a newly built beautiful house with all modern fittings. I walked all around, admired the house and then left. The following year when I went to Melbourne that lady came. When everything was over and we were having tea she came to me. I asked her ‘How is your house? Why are you looking so glum?’ She replied, ‘My friend built a house after I built mine. She has many things in her house which I could not get when I built mine. Whenever I think of that house I feel sad.’ Then I said, ‘Oh, so now you are not living in your house, you are mentally living in her house. Your body is in your house but your mind is in the friend’s house!’ She could not say ‘no’. She had a beautiful house but instead of enjoying that she wants something else.

Most Revered Ajayaprana Mataji…
From the Spiritual Retreat talk at RKSM Thiruvananthapuram

--
May we follow the spiritual path shown by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to reach God, the goal of our lives, and by His power help others also in their struggle to reach Him.

Satwik..........
Skype: satwikj