References

Richards...@aol.com

May 2, 2006, 9:39:28 PM5/2/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Clayton:
The three references you refereed to-
(1) the 1836 Will of Richard Holt II which mentions the youngest children;
(2) the distribution of the properties of Richard & Elizabeth Holt as
recorded in the deed books of Chatham County (1846 & 1851); and
(3) the extensive notes on the Holt family of Chatham & Wake Counties recorded in
Letters by Irene Johnson Holt in the 1930s.
Would it be possible for you to post these, if not are they available from The Archives in Raleigh?

Dick Richardson

Clayton Mann

May 3, 2006, 10:50:50 AM5/3/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Will do.  I'll need to scan these documents.  As far as the Irene Holt letters, I'll just scan the parts pertaining to Richard Holt II.  I have already transcribed portions of her letters.  Once I get all of them done, I'll post them, too....but could be awhile before I get to that.

Clayton

Clayton Mann

May 28, 2006, 10:25:09 PM5/28/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Here's one of the Chatham County deeds that proves the names of the children of Richard Holt II.  More to come in a few minutes.

Clayton
Holt-ChathamNCDeed-AKpg469.jpg

Clayton Mann

May 28, 2006, 10:39:04 PM5/28/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Here's another of the Chatham County deeds that proves the names of the children of Richard Holt II.  More to come in a few minutes.

Clayton

On 5/3/06, Clayton Mann <clayto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Holt-ChathamNCDeed-AKpg479.jpg

Clayton Mann

May 28, 2006, 11:01:11 PM5/28/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Here's the will of Richard Holt written in 1836 in Chatham County, NC.

Clayton

On 5/3/06, Clayton Mann < clayto...@gmail.com> wrote:
HoltRichard-1836will.jpg