Graylog corporate server

Marcus Rocha

Jul 26, 2017, 3:57:20 PM7/26/17
to Hogzilla Users
Hi,

I would like to start using our corporate graylog server. It seams that I can do this by updating "graylog_host" in pigtail.sh. However, is it possible to force Hogzilla to reload all of the previous data to the new server?

Best regards,
Marcus Rocha

Paulo Angelo

Jul 26, 2017, 5:01:56 PM7/26/17
to Marcus Rocha, Hogzilla Users
Hi Marcus,

    Unfortunately no! Pigtail deletes the Hogzilla events in HBase to avoid (basically) redundancy.

[]'s

Paulo Angelo

Marcus Rocha

Jul 27, 2017, 10:07:16 AM7/27/17
to Hogzilla Users, mvr...@gmail.com, p...@pauloangelo.com
Hi Paulo!

Thus, i'll do the change asap ;-)

Still another doubt: does Hogzilla collects information in an internal cache before sending it do GrayLog? If so, is there a way to force it to send this information in advance?

()s... Marcus

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Marcus Rocha <mvr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to start using our corporate graylog server. It seams that I can do this by updating "graylog_host" in pigtail.sh. However, is it possible to force Hogzilla to reload all of the previous data to the new server?

Best regards,
Marcus Rocha

Paulo Angelo

Jul 27, 2017, 8:41:26 PM7/27/17
to Marcus Rocha, Hogzilla Users, Paulo Angelo
Hi Marcus,

    The Hogzilla IDS currently runs on intervals of 6h, when it generates the events and save them into HBase. PigTail runs on intervals of 10m, check for new events and send them to GrayLog (or Snorby).

     Soon we will create a kind of "real-time" processing, but now we use the time-window approach, which requires an interval.

[]'s

Paulo Angelo