Welcome!

tmb

Mar 19, 2010, 5:07:26 PM3/19/10
to hOCR
Since there are a number of projects using hOCR, I thought it would be
a good idea to create a single place where everybody using hOCR can
talk about the format, announce tools, propose extensions, discuss
issues and the evolution of the format, etc.

I think some topics that are becoming important are interoperability
and HTML5 microdata.

For interoperability, a good start would be if people could upload
representative hOCR output from existing systems to the file section
so that we all have something we can test again.

The hocr-tools project contains a simple validator (hocr-check) that
should probably also be enhanced.

Also HTML5 supports "microdata", which may become the preferred way of
encoding microformats.

Please invite other people to the group who you think might be
interested in contributing and keeping in touch about the hOCR format.

Tom

Jim Garrison

Mar 22, 2010, 2:33:40 AM3/22/10
to ho...@googlegroups.com
> Since there are a number of projects using hOCR, I thought it would be
> a good idea to create a single place where everybody using hOCR can
> talk about the format, announce tools, propose extensions, discuss
> issues and the evolution of the format, etc.

Great; I added a few comments to the group-editable hOCR spec, which you
should be able to find by searching for "garrison".

http://groups.google.com/group/hocr/web/hocr-spec-group-editable-version

I noticed that you published an updated version of the spec dated March
2010. Is a diff available that compares it to the previous version?
I'd be interested to know precisely what changed, but I don't think I
have the old spec saved anywhere, unfortunately.

Regards,
Jim

Thomas Breuel

Mar 22, 2010, 4:33:28 AM3/22/10
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Can't you get the version history from the Google Doc?  Please let me know; I can't see that since I have full permissions.

Cheers,
Thomas
--
Secretary: tmb+se...@iupr.com ++49 631 205 3456
Home Page: http://www.iupr.com

Jim Garrison

Mar 22, 2010, 4:43:23 AM3/22/10
to ho...@googlegroups.com
Thomas Breuel wrote:
> Can't you get the version history from the Google Doc? Please let me
> know; I can't see that since I have full permissions.

I have looked, but I have not been able to figure out a way to view the
history of the document at
<http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfxcv4vc_67g844kf>. If you find a way to
view the history even when you are logged out of your Google account,
please let me know.

Cheers,
Jim