USA Masters Women call for Coach - UWH Worlds 2021

womens masters

Jun 26, 2020, 8:04:56 PM6/26/20
to hock...@googlegroups.com
The US Women's Masters team is recruiting a coach for Worlds 2021! Since World's has been delayed by a year, Juan is no longer available to coach us for 2021. We are currently taking applications for this opportunity.  The requirements are described below, and a stipend will be paid to help defray associated costs.

We are looking for the following from our coach:

-  Be committed to the position and the team from now until the 2021 WC's. This commitment should include having the ability to travel internationally and taking the time to implement your vision for our team.

-  Develop, implement, and maintain a team strategy that will allow us to be competitive in the current world's environment with concise documentation (Playbook or suitable written alternative) made available for team candidates.

-  Select the final team to compete for a 2021 WC medal. This goal should include coaching any interim events the team competes in. The Steering Committee will assist the coach with the organization of these events.

-  Work with the steering committee to select and manage coaching staff if additional personnel are required to meet your development plan.

-  Recruit, develop, and motivate team candidates to be prepared for every aspect of a worlds level competition. This includes fitness, individual skills, and instilling a team mindset.

-  Participate in and manage the USA Women's Masters team official schedule. This should include clinics, tryouts, tournaments, recruitment events, or other events necessary to meet goals.

-  Maintain effective communication with team candidates and other personnel involved in the USA Women's Masters team.

 In addition, the ideal candidate has:

Prior Worlds experience

Prior team sports coaching experience

An understanding of how other National Teams compete

Juan will be available for the next few months to help with the transition of the new coach, and he can share video footage from our previous events.  He had previously selected 8 ladies for the team, with plans to select the last few at ACCs.  Our new coach would be welcome to keep those 8, or to restart the selection process completely.

Please email a letter of interest that includes:  your prior experience, your reason for wanting to coach us, and a brief description of your vision for the women's masters quest for a medal in 2021.  Deadline is Friday, July 10, 2020 and letters should be send to: usawomen...@gmail.com

Thanks!

Monica, Natalia, Rachel, Ruth, and Trisha (Steering Committee for US Women’s Masters)

womens masters

Jul 7, 2020, 1:35:21 PM7/7/20
to hock...@googlegroups.com

Friendly reminder.