2022 UWH PCCs Official Announcement

LAUWH

Jul 17, 2022, 11:10:03 PM7/17/22
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
                                                                      2022
                                                          Underwater Hockey
                                                 Pacific Coast Championships

                                                      Registration is now open

The Los Angeles Underwater Hockey Club is pleased to officially announce the 2022
Underwater Hockey Pacific Coast Championships
in Castaic, California on October 8-9,
2022.

Registration is now open at http://www.lauwh.com/pcc2022

See registration and event details at LAUWH.com and stay up to date by visiting the 2022 UWH Pacific Coast Championships page on Facebook.

WHEN: October 8-9, 2022
Expect play to start approximately 8am Saturday morning and run through 4pm Sunday.

WHERE: Castaic Sports Complex Aquatic Center
31350 Castaic Rd, Castaic, Ca 91384
(661) 294-6467

FEES:
$1800 per team if received before 9/1/22. After 9/1/22, entry is $1900 per team. This fee
includes team entry for up to 12 players, a well stocked snack room, free on-deck massages, banquet tickets and 2022 PCCs Limited Edition shirts for all registered players.

REGISTER:
In order to guarantee the best possible experience for all players, we will accept a maximum of 24 team entries, in the order that payment is received. There will be 2 divisions, Open and Mixed. Mixed Division games require that there be two (2) female players in the field of play at all times. We ask that you register your team in the division appropriate to the caliber of your team.

To register go to www.LAUWH.com/pcc2022 to submit your Team Roster and pay your fees.

DEADLINES:
After 9/1/22 the entry fee for teams will increase to $1900.
No entries will be accepted after 9/17/22
All team entry fees and rosters must be received by 9/21/22.

USOA:
All players must be members of USOA Underwater Hockey. No money or waivers will be
accepted at the pool. All USOA fees and waivers must be submitted by 9/17/2022. We will
obtain the list of paid dues and signed waivers to cross-check with our rosters on that date, and anyone who has not completed this task by the due date will not be permitted to play. Register here: https://underwater-society-of-america.sportngin.com/register/form/132467919

LAW and ORDER:
The Tournament Director is Weston Monroe

All standard USOA-sanctioned tournament rules will apply. All participating athletes should also be familiar with the Standardized Competitive Rules

It was recently brought to the attention of the USOA Executive Committee and the UWH
Committee that some participants at Nationals were consuming compressed oxygen to enhance play performance. Please note that this is prohibited as specified in section 5.12, included below.

"5.12 All competitors shall display good sportsmanship during the meetings and events of the competition. Infraction of any of the following may be considered reason for individual and/or team disqualification: use of alcohol or illegal drugs, use of unauthorized drugs, use of oxygen, rough or unsporting conduct, and/or disregard for safety."

This year’s tournament will use the good, old fashioned Minnesota Rule to provide officiating for all games. Each team must provide (2) players to referee the game immediately following theirs. There will be no opting out of refereeing this year.

COVID PROTOCOLS:

Currently there are no COVID restrictions in effect at the Castaic Sports Complex Aquatic Center. If this situation and/or local guidelines change, all teams, participants and guests will be expected to adhere to protocols as directed. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the Tournament.

LOGISTICS:

Getting there:

Flying into and out of LAX or BUR would be the most convenient. Burbank is much closer, way less congested and generally far more civilized though.

You will most likely need to rent a car - public transportation around LA in general is a disaster, and there is no economic way to transport yourself from the airport to Santa Clarita. There are a few hotels within reasonable walking distance to the pool however

Hotels:

There are many hotels to choose from in the vicinity of the Pool. Those accommodations that are very close, while decent, may tend to range toward the lower half of the quality rating spectrum. Nicer options will be a bit further away. We do not currently have any discounts negotiated with any accommodations.

Lodging Suggestions

Local housing for the tournament will not be available.

Camping:

We are also looking into a 7 acre Group Campsite located just a few miles from the Pool. If you might be interested in accommodations at a 2022 UWH PCCs Group Campsite, please take a moment to fill out the survey so that we can gauge interest. Group Campsite Interest Survey

Reffing Clinics:

Level 1 and Level 2 reffing clinics may be available on Friday, October 7. More info to come!

Banquet:

Banquet details are still in the works. Banquet tickets are included in the Team Entry Fee.

After Party:

We’re working on festivities for after the banquet. Stay tuned for more information!

MORE INFORMATION & UPDATES:

For regularly-updated tournament information, visit the 2022 UWH Pacific Coast Championships Facebook event page.

We’ll also be posting updates and information on our Instagram and Twitter so follow us at:

Instagram: @2022uwhpccs

Twitter: @2022uwhpccs

Tournament schedule and results will be hosted at: http://uwhscores.com

Questions, comments, etc, please email us at Secr...@LAUWH.com