Relocating to Michigan

Kevin_Hakamiun

Mar 25, 2019, 9:39:29 AM3/25/19
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
Hey UWH fam,

After 32 years I am sad to say I am leaving Charleston, SC. I will be leaving a great city and some amazing hockey. I will miss everyone at CBR past and present.

That being said I need to fill my need to play some way. I will be heading to Detroit, MI at the beginning of June. If anyone knows of any teams near Detroit, I am extremely interested in any information you might have. I know there used to be a team in Ann Arbor, but I don't know if they are still active.

Thanks for the help,
Kevin

mkd...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2019, 12:10:44 PM3/26/19
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
It's a repeated dilemma that many of us come up against.

Perhaps for the faster & wider spread of the sport, there can be an easy manual for starting the sport in any community, consisting of, something like, how to get:

1. People
2. Pool
3. Equipment
4. Marketing material
5. Steps
6. What not to do

Sincerely,

MK

Underwater Hockey

Mar 26, 2019, 5:04:41 PM3/26/19
to mkd...@gmail.com, Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List
I moved to Des Moines from DFW a few months ago and guess what? No UWH!

I am finally getting situated with work and new house and have visited the local Y which I will join soon and they seem interested in hearing about UWH and might help market to their existing customers

Once we have a few players I plan on trekking up to Minnesota with an arm twister to see if some Loons would come down for a one day training seminar and mixed team game

It’s hard to deal with not having UWH after being used to it being there. I just hope I don’t have to work as hard as Kevin Barnes in Dallas to keep it going year after year

RD Milhollin in Iowa

Sent from my iPhone

Carol Rose

Mar 28, 2019, 10:30:24 AM3/28/19
to kt61...@gmail.com, wen...@comcast.net, hock...@googlegroups.com
new club

Carol Rose
President USOA
CenCal Treasurer
World UW Hockey Commission

347 El Castillo Vista, Sonoma CA 95476  USA