2019 Women’s Tournament and Clinic- Invitation

Wendy Okafuji

Dec 23, 2018, 11:09:00 AM12/23/18
to Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List

Calling all UWH Ladies!

You are invited to the 2019 Women’s Tournament and Clinic. No matter what your hockey experience and playing level is, please plan to attend the only all-women tournament around.  Jesse Hocking, our special guest coach, will bring international, world level coaching to our clinic and tournament.  All participants are sure to go home with new skills, new insight on team play, and new excitement for hockey!

March 9-10, 2019

Sat 9am-late

Sun 8am-4pm

This weekend will be filled with individual skills and teamwork training, as well as a potluck tournament and specialty games.

Pool Location:

Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center 5310 E 136th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241

Fees:

Early Bird Fee- $95 USD before Jan 10, 2019

Regular Fee- $110 USD Jan 11- Feb 10, 2019

Late Fee- $130 USD Feb 11- Mar 1, 2019

Student Fee- $75 before Mar 1, 2019

All participants must make final payments by the Mar 1, 2019 deadline

For registration and payment, go to:

https://underwater-society-of-america.sportngin.com/register/form/752367619

Transportation:

If you are flying in, fly to into Denver (DEN).

Tournament accommodation:

Fairfield Inn & Suites

12080 Melody Drive, Westminster CO 80234

Price: $79/night

Deadline to Book: 2/15/19

Here's your reservation link your guests can use to make reservations:

Book your group rate for Denver Underwater Hockey Club

You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.

Event Summary:

Denver Underwater Hockey Club

Start Date: Friday, March 8, 2019

End Date: Monday, March 11, 2019

Last Day to Book: Friday, February 15, 2019

Hotel(s) offering your special group rate: Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster for 79 USD per night

Book your group rate for Denver Underwater Hockey Club

By the way, there are very few local players who have a space for those wanting to save a little money.  We suggest sharing a hotel room with others.  We can help pair up those interested.

Scholarships:

Funds are available for players in need of a little help to get to the tournament.  Note that the deadline for application is January 15, 2019!

Also, we welcome any donations to help cover scholarships, if you would like to help bring deserving players to this tournament.  Thank you!

Please contact Wendy Okafuji (wen...@comcast.net) for scholarship or donation information.

Additional information:

We welcome all women hockey players- newbies, elite, young, old, tall and short. ;)  And you don't even have to come with a team!  We'll make up potluck teams, so plan ona weekend filled with fun hockeyawesome education, and wonderful camaraderie.

Saturday evening:  We are planning to have dinner all together, location TBD.  While we enjoy time together, we’ll be giving out fun awards will be given for various categories including most awesome swimsuit, first to enter, best play of the day, and plenty of other categories!  You can even suggest some new ones!

More details will be posted to our Facebook page, “2019 UWH Women’s Tournament”,

as well as to the usauw...@yahoogroups.com elist.  If you aren’t yet signed up for this group, contact Brigit Grimm (brigi...@gmail.com) so you don’t miss a thing!

Send any questions to Tournament Director Brigit Grimm (brigi...@gmail.com), or Canadian Liaison Marie-Renee Blanchet (marierene...@gmail.com)

Please help us spread the word.  We hope to see you there!

Brigit
for the 2019 Women's Tournament Committee

Wendy Okafuji

Dec 23, 2018, 11:09:00 AM12/23/18
to usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com, Hockeynet - Underwater Hockey International List

Brigit Grimm

Dec 23, 2018, 11:22:10 AM12/23/18
to hock...@googlegroups.com

__,_._,___

Brigit Grimm

Jan 8, 2019, 6:31:57 PM1/8/19
Hi all,
This is a quick reminder that the Early Bird registration and cheapest fee is ending soon (Jan 10!), so sign up soon if you can!

Also, please forward the invitation to anyone who may not get the invitation any other way.  We don't want anyone to miss out!

And, for anyone interested in applying for the scholarship, the deadline for that application is Jan 15.
Happy Hockey!
Brigit
-------

--------

 ------

-----------

------------

Tournament accommodation:

Fairfield Inn & Suites

12080 Melody Drive, Westminster CO 80234

Price: $79/night

Deadline to Book: 2/15/19

Here's your reservation link your guests can use to make reservations:

You will find the hotel information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.

Hotel Summary:

Denver Underwater Hockey Club

Brigit Grimm

Feb 4, 2019, 7:46:53 PM2/4/19
to SF Hockey, Club Puck, hock...@googlegroups.com, US women, usunderwa...@yahoogroups.com
Just a quick note to remind you hockey ladies to register for the women's tournament soon, if you haven't yet done so.  Fees go up on Feb 11, so sign up today.  Details below.  Note also that the tournament hotel is offering their special pricing only until Feb 15.

Also, if you are interested in skiing Copper Mountain after the tournament for a day or two, we'll head up to Frisco Sunday evening.  We'll plan to carpool and Agnes will host us at her family cabin or we'll find another cheap housing option there.  If you are interested in joining us, contact me or Agnes (agnesde...@icloud.com).

This is gonna be good!  We already have 52 ladies registered!  Join us!
Brigit

Juan Sevillano

Jun 8, 2019, 2:40:54 PM6/8/19
to hock...@googlegroups.com, US women, Juan Sevillano, Womens Masters
Hi hockeynet!

As you may have heard, earlier this year, there was a proposal to change the age eligibility for women's masters to 35 for the 2020 championship.

The women's masters steering committee and USOA reached out to CMAS to express our concerns, and we received a response saying that "for the 2020 championship in Australia, the Master Women division will remain with a minimum age of 32."

I am really excited about this news and hope you are too! If you are now eligible to play and interested in trying out, please contact us at:

Coach Juan: julu...@gmail.com
USA women's masters steering committee: usawomen...@gmail.com

P.S. Big thanks to USOA for their support on this

Juan Sevillano
Coach USA Master Women UWH
Worlds 2020 💪🙎‍♀️