Gustavo Pesce Memorial Fund

iwanttobeafish

Mar 10, 2021, 8:58:17 PM3/10/21
to hock...@googlegroups.com

Hello hockey world,

Some of you may have heard that we unfortunately lost Gustavo Pesce in a skiing accident in February. For those that didn’t know Gus it’s hard to capture him with just words, the man exuded positive energy like no other. His passion for life, family, science and underwater hockey were unmatched and infectious. He leaves behind an amazing wife, daughter, son and an underwater hockey club that is forever changed by his years of dedication to our sport. Gustavo was the driving force behind the San Francisco UWH kids program. Without his efforts the program never would have got off the ground or been the success that it has and hopefully will continue to be. Almost half of the USA juniors’ team was made up of player’s from Gus’ program. A lot of these kids come from a very underprivileged area of SF. It is his family’s wish that the SF club establish a legacy fund in Gus’s memory that will continue to support these kids with the gear that they need and travel expenses to attend tournaments. Any unused funds will be donated to charitable organisations chosen by Gus’s family.

If Gus ever touched your life you know what a great loss it is to no longer have him with us and it would mean so much to his family and the SF club if you would consider contributing to the legacy fund. If you never met him, then I’m sorry you truly missed out on an incredible human. I can guarantee you it’s a worthy UWH cause to support and Gus himself would be beyond honoured and humbled by your donations.

The link to donate is here: http://www.sfuwh.org/gus

I hope everyone is staying healthy and well during these crazy times.

Sarah Hewawitharana