Nov 12&13 - Charleston UWH Tournament

Brian Johanek

Jul 16, 2022, 10:48:06 AM7/16/22
to hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We are glad to announce our fall Not-So-Hard-on-Your-Body Tournament at the brand new North Charleston Aquatics Center!

A few more details are on Facebook.

Registration info will come in August.

Cheers!
Brian

bri...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2022, 5:14:07 PM9/20/22
to hock...@googlegroups.com

2022 “Not So Hard On Your Body” Underwater Hockey Tournament

The Charleston Blockade Runners Underwater Hockey Club is pleased to officially announce the return of the “Not So Hard on Your Body” annual tournament!  Join us on November 12 – 13, 2022 at the North Charleston Aquatics Center.

Registration will be opening soon at CharlestonUWH.com.  We’ll also share updates on our Facebook page; follow along at @CharlestonUnderwaterHockey.

EVENT DETAILS:
When: November 12 - 13, 2022
Play is estimated to run approximately 9 – 6 pm Saturday and Sunday 8 - 3 pm.

Where: NorthCharleston Aquatics Center  (Brand new 7ft deep pool Olympic sized pool!)
8610 Patriot Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29420     (854) 800-7946

Fees:  $1100 per team.  We will work to accommodate individual players looking for a team.
This fee includes team entry for up to 12 players, a well-stocked snack room and Saturday night banquet at Freehouse Brewery.

Register:  Website will be opened up for registration before end of September.
In order to guarantee the best possible experience for all players, we will accept a maximum of 10 team entries in the order that payment is received.

Deadlines: Entries and payment will be closed at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
All team rosters, USOA dues and waivers must be completed by 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.

USOA: All players must be members of USOA Underwater Hockey. No money or waivers will be accepted at the pool. We will obtain the list of paid dues and signed waivers to cross-check with our rosters on that date, and anyone who has not completed this task by the due date will not be permitted to play.

There will be at least three dedicated referees for the tournament and will also use the MN rule.

Will be using Uni2 pucks.   Tournament schedule and live results will be hosted at UWHscores.com.

All standard USOA-sanctioned tournament rules will apply. All participating athletes should also be familiar with the Standardized Competitive Rules.

It was recently brought to the attention of the USOA Executive Committee and the UWH Committee that some participants at Nationals were consuming compressed oxygen to enhance play performance. Please note that this is prohibited as specified in section 5.12, included below.
"5.12 All competitors shall display good sportsmanship during the meetings and events of the competition. Infraction of any of the following may be considered reason for individual and/or team disqualification: use of alcohol or illegal drugs, use of unauthorized drugs, use of oxygen, rough or unsporting conduct, and/or disregard for safety."

Currently, there are no COVID restrictions in effect at the North Charleston Aquatics Center. If local guidelines change, all teams, participants and guests will be expected to adhere to protocols as directed. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the tournament.

GETTING HERE:
If flying, we recommend CHS International Airport. Public transportation is limited, so we highly recommend renting a car and staying near the tournament site.
We’ve secured a courtesy block of 30 rooms at the following hotel for Friday and Saturday nights (November 11 – 13). Please note that this block will release at 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, October 12, so plan ahead and book early!
5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418
Room rate is $129 + fees and taxes per night and includes complimentary breakfast, a free airport shuttle service and free parking.
Book online here or call 888-728-3025 and use code CBR.
Local housing for the tournament will not be available.

BANQUET:
The banquet will be held at Freehouse Brewery directly following play on Saturday, November 12th for all registered players.   Guests are welcome for an additional fee.  The main meal will consist of steamed local oysters and frogmore stew.  We will gladly accommodate dietary preferences.

Please email us at charle...@gmail.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.

See you on the bottom!

Brian

Brian Johanek

Oct 5, 2022, 8:02:54 AM10/5/22
to hock...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Website is updated and registration is open!

We’ve also added a shared doc to facilitate partial teams and singles.

Cheers!
Brian

Begin forwarded message:

From: bri...@aol.com
Date: September 20, 2022 at 5:14:08 PM EDT
To: hock...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Nov 12&13 - Charleston UWH Tournament

Brian Johanek

Oct 10, 2022, 9:43:03 PM10/10/22
to hock...@googlegroups.com
Reminder that the hotel block rate is only good through Wed, 5pm EDT!