Status and future of Hobo

Ed Gomolka

Feb 1, 2017, 5:08:35 PM2/1/17
to Hobo Users
I am curious as to the current status of Hobo, as well as what the future holds for this project. Can someone on this list provide some insight?

I haven't seen much activity in the discussion forum lately, and the last Hobo release was on May 7, 2016. It feels like maybe the project has lost some momentum. Do I need to worry?

I use Hobo for a couple of different applications, and I am pretty happy with it.
I am stretched a bit thinly at the moment, but I would be willing to lend a hand in maintaining Hobo if that would help; however, someone would need to point me in the right direction.

Ignacio Huerta

Feb 2, 2017, 5:19:39 AM2/2/17
to hobousers
Hey Ed,

Current status: low time availability, only major/breaking issues are looked at.

Contributors are super welcome. First step would be to pick an issue from Github, or try to upgrade Hobo to the latest Rails version.

If you pick something and don't know where to start, write to the list and I'll give you some tips :).

Warm regards,
Ignacio

+45 42 997 196

Ed Gomolka

Feb 2, 2017, 10:14:19 PM2/2/17
to Hobo Users
Hi Ignacio:
Thanks so much for the update. I completely understand the time availability issue.
I posted a couple of Windows issues a while back as I have a client who is Windows based; I will take a look at them.

Cheers.
Ed

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Ed Gomolka <edgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am curious as to the current status of Hobo, as well as what the future holds for this project. Can someone on this list provide some insight?

I haven't seen much activity in the discussion forum lately, and the last Hobo release was on May 7, 2016. It feels like maybe the project has lost some momentum. Do I need to worry?

I use Hobo for a couple of different applications, and I am pretty happy with it.
I am stretched a bit thinly at the moment, but I would be willing to lend a hand in maintaining Hobo if that would help; however, someone would need to point me in the right direction.

Ignacio Huerta

Feb 5, 2017, 6:40:40 AM2/5/17
to hobousers
Great, thanks :)