First failure :(

Donald Ziesig

Jun 16, 2018, 2:18:19 PM6/16/18
to Hobo Users
Hi again!

It did not take long :'(.

Gemfile:

gem 'hobo'

bundle install

# rails g hobo:user_model

.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/gems/bootsnap-1.3.0/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:32:in
`require': cannot load such file -- erubis (LoadError)

I looked up erubis and it seems to be something to generate html, which
I don't need.  Any workarounds?

Don

Al Chou

Jun 16, 2018, 3:28:58 PM6/16/18
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Can you hack on that generator inside the hobo gem?

Al

Sent from my iPhone, please forgive typos and auto-correct!

Donald Ziesig

Jun 16, 2018, 5:40:03 PM6/16/18
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al,

I haven't done it recently, but I could hack on it a few years ago.  I will try it later and let you know for sure.

Don

Ed Gomolka

Jun 18, 2018, 4:31:39 PM6/18/18
to Hobo Users
Erubis is the ERB template engine that Rails 4 used. Rails 5 replaces Erubis with Erubi. I assume that you are using ERB files to reference your Angular code, in which case I don't see how you can avoid it.

Ignacio Huerta

Jun 20, 2018, 2:21:46 PM6/20/18
to hobousers
Hi Donald,

You can try this branch in your Gemfile. We took some steps to replace Erubis. I also fixed a couple of small bugs today so at least "rails g hobo:user_model" worked in a vanilla Rails 5.2 app:

gem 'hobo', git: 'https://github.com/Hobo/hobo.git', :branch => 'rails5_new2'

+45 42 997 196

Donald Ziesig

Jun 20, 2018, 4:03:14 PM6/20/18
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ingacio!

Thanks!

The rails g hobo:user_model worked correctly, but when I used

hobo generate migration

I got the following error:

from /home/donz/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/bundler/gems/hobo-c5cc79192865/hobo_fields/lib/generators/hobo/migration/migration_generator.rb:47:in `migrate'
/home/donz/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.5.1/bundler/gems/hobo-c5cc79192865/hobo_fields/lib/generators/hobo/migration/migration_generator.rb:94:in `migrations_pending?': undefined method `migrations' for ActiveRecord::Migrator:Class (NoMethodError)

This was on a brand new rails api app created with

rails new hoboNtrak --api

added the gem from github in Gemfile, then

bundle install => ran successfully

then

rails g hobo:user_model => ran successfully

At this point I have a copy of user.rb that looks pretty much like the ones in the original apps, but with no appropriate db tables.  This is when I ran

hobo generate migration => got the above error traceback.

also tried

rails generate hobo:migration => got the same error.

Thanks again,

Don
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hobousers+...@googlegroups.com.

Ignacio Huerta

Jun 21, 2018, 1:37:17 AM6/21/18
to hobousers
Thanks for the testing Donald! I'm afraid there are still quite a few steps pending to upgrade Hobo.

I will try to find some time to continue with this. Volunteers are welcome :).

Warm regards,
Ignacio

Ed Gomolka

Jul 6, 2018, 8:09:26 PM7/6/18
to Hobo Users
I spent some time today trying to retrofit the new Hobo branch into an existing Hobo application, but I think that is too ambitious at this point. I will try adding it to a Rails 5.2 application and see where that leads me.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hobousers.

+45 42 997 196