Problems using a sub URI

Henry Baragar

Jun 28, 2016, 11:47:04 AM6/28/16
to Hobo Users

Hello,

Once again, I am having problems with sub URI's (aka relative_url_root).  Does anyone have this working with:

  • hobo 2.2.6
  • rails 4.2.6
  • ruby 2.2.4p230
  • HA-Proxy version 1.6.3
  • rails s
    • i.e. no phusion, nor puma, nor any other server

Thanks,

Henry

--

Henry Baragar

Director, Software Development

CSE | Canadian Securities Exchange

(647) 729-8325

220 Bay Street, 9th Floor | Toronto | ON | Canada | M5J 2W4

www.thecse.com | @CSE_News

Ignacio Huerta

Jul 3, 2016, 4:33:59 AM7/3/16
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henry,

I don't have experience serving Hobo apps in subfolders, I just know it
can be a bit hard to get all URL helpers to add the right prefix.

Tim Griffin wrote to me in April with a similar situation, so he might
have some interesting insights.

A couple of questions:

* Have you thought about using a subdomain instead of a subfolder?
myapp.domain.com instead of domain.com/myapp. This would be my first
recommendation, though I understand that sometimes external requirements
are just unavoidable.

* I see you are using Haproxy in your setup. I used it a long time ago,
so my memories are not very fresh. Can you describe your setup a bit
more? Something like this?

domain.com >> haproxy proxies to server A
domain.com/myapp >> haproxy proxies to server B, running Hobo

Warm regards,
Ignacio