add aside to page without one

Bob Sleys

Mar 3, 2012, 11:01:38 AM3/3/12
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
is there an easy way to add an aside to a page that doesn't have one by default?  Useing the standard clean theme.

Right now if the page has an aside built in via a 2nd collection of children it's easy to extend it but I don't see an easy way to add an aside tag to a page that the the auto generated rapid tag created without an aside.

The best I've come up with is basically coping the rapid tag and totally redefining it adding all the appropriate section-groups and the aside tag.  I'm hoping there is some easier way.

Bob

kevinpfromnm

Mar 3, 2012, 11:18:14 AM3/3/12
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
You don't have to copy the whole tag, but you will need to replace the content param put in your section group wrapping, restore the original content, and then add the aside before closing the section-group.  Kinda ugly but DRYer than copying the whole tag.

kevinpfromnm

Mar 3, 2012, 11:19:25 AM3/3/12
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Doh, here's the part from the dryml guide that describes how to do the restore. http://cookbook.hobocentral.net/manual/dryml-guide#current_limitation

Bob Sleys

Mar 3, 2012, 11:41:11 AM3/3/12
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
I know I'm missing something simple but here is what I have that is close but the main page content isn't showing, only the aside is showing up.  My Hobo foo is failing me once again :(

<extend tag="show-page" for="Building">
<old-show-page merge>
<content: replace>
<section-group>
<section param="main-content">
<content-header:/>
<content-body:/>
</section>
<aside>
<h3 param="heading">Reports</h3>
<collection with="&@reports" param="reports-preview">
<card:>
</card:>
</collection>
</aside>
</section-group>
</content:>
</old-show-page>
</extend>

Bob

Bob Sleys

Mar 3, 2012, 11:44:01 AM3/3/12
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
That does it. LOL  thanks again.

For future reference here is what worked for me

<extend tag="show-page" for="Building">
<old-show-page merge>
<content: replace>
<section-group>
<section param="main-content">
<content restore/>
</section>
<aside>
<h3 param="heading">Reports</h3>
<collection with="&@reports" param="reports-preview">
<card:>
</card:>
</collection>
</aside>
</section-group>
</content:>
</old-show-page>
</extend>

Bob

Message has been deleted

txinto

Aug 31, 2016, 8:40:12 AM8/31/16
to Hobo Users
Sorry, the email was send before ending it :o(

I repeat it here:

Hello, I am also trying to extend a show-page that does not include an aside, in order to include it.
In the past I've done it by redefining the entire page using a <def> tag.

I want now to use just <extend> tag to do it.

Tried this way but did not work.  My greatest progress was to obtain the "aside-column" div tag using this DRYML code:

<extend tag="show-page" for="MechSystem">
<old-show-page layout="aside" merge >
            <aside:>
              Hello!
            </aside:>
        </old-show-page>
</extend>

This is the generated HTML code:

  <!--div class="logo"></div-->

Unfortunately the word "Hello" is not present in the HTML final code, just the aside-column tag and the inner well tag.
Strangely, if I remove the <aside:> tag, which seems to have no impact, nothing appears, I loose even the aside-column tag.

Any help?

Thank you a lot.

Tx.

Henry Baragar

Aug 31, 2016, 1:53:33 PM8/31/16
to hobo...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that the <aside:> parameter is not defined if the definition of <show-page for="MechSystem"> in app/views/taglibs/auto/rapid/pages.dryml.

I think that you have two options:

  1. Add a "children" directive (see View Hints) with two children to your model and then add <collection-section: replace/> to your tag extension
    • this a kluge, but it is the option I normally use
  2. Completely redefine the <show-page for="MechSystem">
    • look in app/views/taglibs/auto/rapid/pages.dryml to get a starging point

Henry

Henry Baragar

Director, Software Development

CSE | Canadian Securities Exchange

(647) 729-8325

220 Bay Street, 9th Floor | Toronto | ON | Canada | M5J 2W4

www.thecse.com | @CSE_News

Txinto Vaz

Aug 31, 2016, 1:58:14 PM8/31/16
to hobo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Henry. This what I normally do.  I was trying to find a more elegant way.

Buf, anyway, it is good to share our tricks.

Thanks!

Tx

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hobousers.