Problems with <ht> auto-including key

st...@stevemadere.com

Aug 10, 2016, 3:58:06 AM8/10/16
to Hobo Users

I just recently deployed my app with some hobo preloading enabled
and coincidentally a weird behavior showed up.

Even though I have explicitly configured
 config.hobo.show_translation_keys = false

I am getting the key included in every translation rendered by <ht>

Looking at the code in hobo/lib/hobo/extensions/i18n.rb, it certainly looks
like it would always include the key:

def translate_with_show_keys(key, options = {})
      translation
= translate_without_show_keys(key, options)

return translation unless translation.is_a?(String)
      keys
= normalize_keys(locale, key, options[:scope]).join('.')

"[#{keys}]" + translation

end
 alias_method_chain
:translate, :show_keys.

One thing I don't understand is how it *ever* rendered without the key.

The next thing that's confusing me is why this behavior suddenly showed up after
I added the following to config/application.rb:

+  %w{
+        dryml
+        hobo_fields
+        hobo
+        hobo_clean
+        hobo_clean_admin
+        hobo_bootstrap
+        hobo_fields
+        hobo_jquery
+        hobo_jquery_ui
+        hobo_rapid
+        hobo_support
+  }.each do |gem_name|
+    spec = Gem::Specification.find_by_name(gem_name)
+    gem_root = spec.gem_dir
+    spec.require_paths.each do |p|
+      space = gem_root + '/' + p
+      config.eager_load_paths << space