Running dryml tests

Peter Williams

May 30, 2012, 4:49:29 PM5/30/12
to Hobo Dev
I am trying to run the dryml tests but i have, so far, been
unsuccessful. Here is what i get

pezar$ cd hobo/dryml
pezra$ rake test:doctest
rake/rdoctask is deprecated. Use rdoc/task instead (in RDoc 2.4.2+)
=== Testing '/Users/pezra/Development/hobo/dryml/test/
dryml.rdoctest'...
ERR | Default Test
NameError: uninitialized constant Dryml::Template::Rails
from /Users/pezra/Development/hobo/dryml/test/
dryml.rdoctest:14
Dryml.render("hi")

What do i need to do to get the tests running?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Bryan Larsen

May 30, 2012, 9:12:45 PM5/30/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Did you set the HOBODEV environment variable? If not, the tests may
be loading DRYML from a gem rather than using the current directory.

Bryan

Peter Williams

May 31, 2012, 12:52:06 AM5/31/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Bryan Larsen <bryan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you set the HOBODEV environment variable?

Rerunning the tests with the HOBODEV env var set results in the same
behavior. Any other thoughts?

Peter

Bryan Larsen

May 31, 2012, 9:19:51 AM5/31/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Try doing a bundle install and then bundle exec rake:doctest. You
may have to add yard to the Gemfile.

Peter Williams

May 31, 2012, 11:36:15 AM5/31/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Bryan Larsen <br...@larsen.st> wrote:
> Try doing a bundle install and then bundle exec rake:doctest.   You
> may have to add yard to the Gemfile.

Ah. I had failed to do that. (I am more familiar with the 1.3 version
which does not have a Gemfile.) However, when i run `bundle install` i
get:

Could not find gem 'rubydoctest (>= 1.1.3) ruby' in any of the gem
sources listed in your Gemfile.

I see commits in the rubydoctest git repo which set its version to
1.1.3 but rubygems.org shows the latest version[1] as 1.0.0. Any
thoughts?

[1]: https://rubygems.org/gems/rubydoctest

Peter
barelyenough.org

Bryan Larsen

May 31, 2012, 11:39:41 AM5/31/12
to hob...@googlegroups.com
Oh wow, it's fixed. At one point only Dr. Nic had permissions to
push that gem. I guess somebody fixed it in the interim, since I
just tried pushing it and it worked.

So try it now.

Bryan

Peter Williams